Earpro EP3

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by rookie713, Sep 13, 2012.

1. rookie713

rookie713 New Member

Anyone use the Earpro? And are they good I don't want a big pair of head phones on my head

2. rferguson61

rferguson61 New Member

They work fantastically. My dad uses them for work so we tried them at the range...that's all we will wear anymore. Super comfy and you can still hear with them in. they have little plugs to block out more sound. I shoot with one plugged and the other (the left since its not right by the gun) open so I can still here. I HIGHLY recommend them.

3. rookie713

rookie713 New Member

Thanks that's good to know cause I don't like the big ear muff

4. rferguson61

rferguson61 New Member

I dont either. They are bulky and cumbersome. And frankly...look a little dorky

5. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

The earpro are only good for doubling ear protection, they do not provide enough protection by themselves. You'll need those dorky ear muffs if you care about your hearing.

6. Seven

Seven New Member

I'll second that. I use my EP3's when I'm mowing. Works great for that.
    At the range I use a dorky set of electronic muffs.

I lost too much of my hearing during my "car audio phase" to lose any more.

7. rferguson61

rferguson61 New Member

You might not be using them right... Theu do block out enough sound. Its been proven in tests. Also...dunno if you've ever seen this show called top shot...but they focus on safety and only let people use approved protective equipment. And I've seen numerous competitors using sonic defenders as their ear protection. Best bet tho...buy a pair and try em out and see how you feel about them. They are $10-15. In my opinion...someone who uses them every time I shoot...they are perfectly safe

8. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

Oh I am using them right, 24NRR even with the most perfect fit does not provide enough isolation in an indoor gun range. Hearing loss doesn't happen overnight when using some sort of protection, but the day you notice it is the day it's too late. A buddy of mine at the range over the years lost his hearing while thinking that he was wearing enough protection.