Early SAKO Quad

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by 4fingermick, Apr 2, 2010.

1. 4fingermick

4fingermick New Member

I have just bought one of the first Quad rimfire sets that came out to Australia. It came in an Aluminium custom case instead of the black plastic type that you generally see. It also had the scope with the four rings for the different barrels, it is a Burris I think.

I paid way too much for it to help a friend out that whose life is going down the tubes at the moment.

No sooner do I get it and I hear that they were supposed to have had a lot of trouble with the early ones. D'Oh! Don't you just hate that?? :D

I haven't had a chance to take it to the range or out hunting yet.

I've never met anyone who owns one of these sets, but everyone seems to have an opinion on them.

Has anyone here had any experience with these rifles (especially the early ones?)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

The only trouble I've personally 1st hand witnessed is when you change barrels it may not reassemble EXACTLY to point of aim as it was zeroed before. But then I've only been exposed to just 1 example.

3. 4fingermick

4fingermick New Member

One more than me.

I've seen a lot of folk have trouble with quick detachable scope mounts and the method I use is to do em up exactly the same each time. I wiggle them to make such they are bedded exactly into the groove/whatever and do them up in stages which generally works out well. I will have to experiment with mine.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010