Ear Pro

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by krisko09, Jun 7, 2012.

1. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

I'm sure I'm not the only one who runs in to this issue.. USUALLY I wear cheapo ear plugs with some electronic muffs over them at the range.. but let's face it, that's just unreasonable for anything else (I.e. hunting, flying, races, concerts). Does anyone know of some high quality ear pro that I could just stick in ,y pocket and be on my way? I tried the surefire sonic defender ep3's...the concept of them was perfect, but they don't work very well. Suggestions?

2. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Those look interesting. I ordered a pair based solely on your review and the price haha. If these are as good as you say I'll be investing in a couple pair.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Just how expensive are the silicone plugs?

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Would those work for something as loud as a rifle?

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

FWIW- various hearing protectors have a number rating called the NRR (Noise Reduction Ratio) For simplicity, consider that the higher the number, the more noise it blocks. The EAR type foam plugs have about the highest NRR there is- around 34. If you wear muffs over them, it goes to about 39. That number is marked on the package.

6. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

!! Must throw my 2 cents in on these BPI that cane suggested.

WOW. I am impressed. Extremely comfortable, adaptable to any ear size, and outstanding protection. I wore these today whilst doing a maintenance test flight on a helicopter. Phenomenal. i will definitely be investing in a value pack of these to leave in my locker at the armory.

Best value for the price as far as ear pro that I've come across.

7. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Cane, It's been 6 months since your review of the BPI plugs. Any followup? Still using the same ones? Are they cleanable? How often do you use them?

8. ballistix45

ballistix45 New Member

Where can I purchase these ear plugs??

9. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Cane's review has a link in it I believe. If not, just google BPI Natural Ear Plugs.
    I use them all the time now, and even gave a few pair to some buddies at drill who loved them.

10. ballistix45

ballistix45 New Member

Sweet. Thanks, I'm gonna have to order a couple!

11. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

No problem. I started out with the sample pack (1 pair) and liked em so much i ordered the value pack.

12. ballistix45

ballistix45 New Member

How much are the value pack krisco?? I would like to have a buddie try these out as well..

13. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

14. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

.............>

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  15. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Alright, the website is earplugsonline.com and i had the pricing off a little. I ordered the personal pack (6 pair)and for $20. The travel pack is 2 pairs for $7. Then there's a family pack and like a super value bundle.. still very reasonable pricing IMO. Here's the link

http://www.earplugsonline.com/

16. ballistix45

ballistix45 New Member

Thanks again krisco, I just ordered a personal pack! Can't wait to try em out.