EAA Wittness

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jimjc, Feb 5, 2011.

1. jimjc

jimjc New Member

I`m interested in one, anyone have one, they have a 22 conversion also any thoughts on the quality and reliability

2. whtsmoke

whtsmoke New Member

eaa witness? 22 conversion unit for what, rifle shotgun, handgun, we need more info.

3. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

As far as I know the Witness is a pistol and my 9mm Match has been absolutely relaible and is damn accurate to boot.

[​IMG][/IMG]

4. jimjc

jimjc New Member

Sorry I it`s the handgun that I`m interested in and the 22lr. conversion

5. jimjc

jimjc New Member

Nice gun thats the one I`m looking for, Hows the finish....Did you purchase your locally or on the internet, whats a fair price on the Match.

6. freefall

freefall New Member

My daughter, the Lovely Miss Freefall, bought a Witness Compact in 10mm for all around Alaska carry. After 93 rounds of American Eagle fairly mild 10mm ammo the frame cracked and the slide fractured. Luckily she was able to get her $ back, she now has a Colt.
    ps. Their Customer Service is crappy.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  7. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I got mine in Orlando, Florida about 3 years ago for $420 new. I think they are still selling for about $500.

The finish has held up quite well. My only complaint is that the rear sight is very sharp and it makes it hard to conceal. I believe that the newer models have addressed this problem.

8. Swiftyjuan

Swiftyjuan New Member

I have one in 9mm and one in .45. Both very accurate, and absolutely no problems.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Why are we talking about PISTOLS in the RIFLE section?

10. mkett39

mkett39 New Member

why are YOU Talking about the rifle section in the handgun section?:D

I have the witness compact .45 in wonder finish and love it. Very accurate although it does have a wide grip on it and it is a weighty little fella.

The poster talking about the cracked frame with 10mm seems to be a bit of a problem with the 10mm's. Although if you put a heavier spring in it from what i have read it has solved the problem.

I have not bought the conversion although I have talked to EAA about them as I was interested in a .40 or 9mm for my compact. They all come with everything needed and one magazine.

11. dallascj

dallascj New Member

I had a blued Witness in .45 ACP several years ago and stupidly sold it. It was a very nice gun. Accurate and comfortable to shoot. The 39 oz. all steel frame was heavy but killed the recoil.