EAA Witness "Hunter"??

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by WannaGator, May 27, 2010.

1. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

Hey Fellers,

Yall have one of these or know someone who does?

I found this when looking at the EAA site.

6 inch long barrell and available in 10MM.

Looks interesting especially if it is the same price as a Glock 20 / less than a Longslide 1911 A1.

I really enjoy this site and want ta personally thank all those who answer my posts.

2. Missileman

Missileman New Member

I don't have the 10mm Hunter, but I have the .45 ACP model. EAA imports these from Tangfoglio in Italy, and they are generally one of the better made CZ 75 clones. I've been happy with mine.

3. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

Cost?

Thanks Missleman, how much are these going for?

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Watch out for the slide cracking on the 10mm, then watch out for shotty customer service from EAA.

5. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Goju beat me to it. There have been more than a few reports on these boards about busted Witnesses. Personally, I'd stick to this: 10MM-LS - 10mm Long Slide - Custom Guns - - Detail =P

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I looked at a 10mm Witness a few years back to augment my preferred caliber. Found many reports of slide/frame cracking. The Witness is best kept to 9mm, IMHO.

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Fusion makes a 10mm long slide. It's supposed to be a good one but it aint cheap.

8. Wambli

Wambli Member

I own a Witness in 10mm and I've had it for 5 years now. No issues, great gun.

9. freefall

freefall New Member

My daughter bought a Witness Compact 10mm, delightful little thing, fired 91 rounds of American Eagle fairly mild ammo, the frame cracked and there was a star fracture in the slide. She bought a Colt Delta instead, extra $350, but its a GREAT gun.

10. Bob Hostetter

Bob Hostetter New Member

I don't have a 10mm but I have 2 9mm and like them both.