eaa windicator taurus or rossi ect

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by rem870forever, Aug 5, 2013.

1. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

Eaa windicator 357 for $300 or something else

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

A used Smith and Wesson or Ruger. Save yourself some potential frustration

3. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

What frustration comes from either? Never experienced one myself.

4. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

How does the rossi 972 compare to eaa windicator

5. velofan

velofan New Member

I own an older Inter arms Rossi 357 in stainless with a 3 inch barrel. My personal experience with it has been outstanding in accuracy and operation. I have heard that not all are good ones but I really like mine.

6. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

As in which performs better? Better accuracy and overall gun to me is the Rossi. Plus the Rossi gets the taurus lifetime warranty. For just in case.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

They all have spotty reputations for reliability. Granted the Taurus has a lifetime service policy, but MANY have needed that policy. A gently used Smith or Ruger is MUCH better.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I had and carried an EAA Windicator. I have also owned a Taurus M85 ultra-lite. The Windicator was a much better gun. Yea, Taurus has a life time warranty. Good thing...cause you will need it. I would have trusted my life to that Windicator. The Taurus was out of time brand new from the factory. It would shave jackets off ammo. I could never get more than two shots of jacketed ammo without is locking up the cylinder. I have owned two Taurus guns. Both were defective.

I can not speak for Rossi. A have never owned or shot one.

9. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

I have never heard of this problem. Everyone in my family owns a taurus. I'd say from the slim to the .38 ultra light. I know of about fifteen people owning taurus .38 including myself that own a taurus or Rossi revolver and have never had a problem. The windicator is a great gun as well though. Comes with a way better grip.

10. LastRound

LastRound New Member

I've owned two Taurus revolvers and both went south. I sent one in to Taurus and it came back in worse condition.

A warranty is only as good as the service behind it.

If you could have seen my Tracker when it came back from Taurus. My wife received it when I was at work. She didn't tell me on the phone that it came in. The condition was so bad she was afraid it would ruin my day. She was right. Covered in dirty grease with tool marks :mad:. Like someone threw it in the monkey cage at the zoo. If I ever do come into a Taurus again, and there is a problem, it will never get sent off to those baboons in Florida.

11. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Wow lots of hate on Taurus. I will say that I never owned a revolver from them, but have a Stainless 92 from them that has only had sights and a match barrel replacement done and I own the Gun since 1992...

12. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

That's about how all my experiences have been except not quite as old :p