Dumb criminals

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Paladin201, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

This is an actual news story that happened locally here. Three people, two men and a woman, opened a tax preparation service in a local strip mall. A woman who had her taxes done there got a call that her refund check was ready for her to pick up. When she arrived to get her check, they pulled a gun on her and told her they wanted part of her refund. They then ordered her to leave, go cash her check and bring the money back to them. She left, called the police, who went to the business and arrested the.....uh....idiots.

2. vincent

vincent New Member

Brilliant idea...:confused:

Attached Files:

3. shadamai

shadamai New Member

How clever of them. :eek:

A customer at a place I used to work filled out a job application using her correct name, address, phone number, etc. and then proceeded to steal $600 worth of merchandise and just run out the door with it. She was caught right away and assaulted at least one person in the process. In fact, she was so uncooperative and hostile that she was banned from the store for 20 years. Before the police took her off, she wanted to know if any of this was going to affect her job application!

4. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

We need to add a forum with dumb criminal stories. If criminals were smart they would know crime doesn't pay.

5. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Not smart.

Seems they would be one of many crooks involved with getting peoples taxes though. They are more honest than most.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

LOL!
    Well, i hope they did her tax return correctly. You would not believe how many crooked or incompetent tax preparers i've met or heard about. Go to somebody you know or somebody recommended by a non-moron friend. It took literally a year or so of refiling & responding to IRS letters for a friend of mine to get straightened out after a quickietax place "went that extra mile" :rolleyes: to see she got a nice refund.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

There are some good stories out there- but my all time favorite- Armed Robbery of Central National Bank, Downtown Richmond, several years ago.

Robber handed teller a bag, told her to put all the money in the bag. She did, along with a dye pack. (Dye packs look like a real bundle of money, but contain an explosive charge, tear gas, and permanent dye. It is activated by a radio signal when leaving building, and has a few seconds delay)

Thief took the bag, shoved it down into his PANTS- and ran out of the bank. Made it almost half a block before the explosives went off in his skivvies.

:eek::eek::eek:

8. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

love this one

In Sachse, Texas, Nathan Poe walked into a bank and announced to the teller that this was a holdup and that she should hand over all her cash. The teller said she couldn't do that unless he could provide two forms of identification. Trying to cooperate, Poe produced his state ID card and his Wells Fargo debit card. The teller then provided him with $800. His fumbling for the ID provided her with enough time to notify authorities. Busted.

lifted from the oregonian

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I worked a case about a year ago where a young lady filled out an application for employment at a local strip club. She provided her DL and SS card. The receptionist made copies of both and returned them to the would be dancer. When the receptionist went to get the Manager to look at the application, the applicant reached behind the desk and stole the receptionist's purse. Of course all was on video. I guess she enjoyed her little time out in the pokey.

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Years ago I worked at a Christmas Tree farm, the old man who owned it caught a college guy stealing a tree, hauling it over the the fence at one end of the plantation away from the entrance and exits. When confronted the old man asked for identification, and the college guy gave it up. The old man told the guy that the tree would cost him $100 cash (at the time I think trees were going for maybe $10). The college guy said that that was robbery, he was a law student at Stanford and he would put the old man to shame if he demanded so much.

The old man said "OK, I got your information. Go ahead and look into it. I'll let you go for now, but you need to show up here in a couple of days and pay up. Plus I want a confession written in your own hand and signed by you, or I'm gonna turn you over to the cops."

The college guy showed up the next day with $100 cash and a written confession.

This was a few decades ago, but I did see the confession.

11. murraywc

murraywc New Member

We had 2 ladies here go into an Arby's and one stole paitings off the walls of the lobby while the other bought their food with a credit card and it was all on video.

12. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Ummm. Wait. You used the words "ladies" and "paintings" in the same sentence as "Arbys".

I am afraid your story is implausible based on that alone!

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Bank robber handed teller a note written on a deposit slip. She noted was from bank across street, told him he would have to take it to bank across street- she could not accept a note written on competitor's slip. He did.

Local convenience store- armed robber confronted clerk- "Tiny" with a sawed of single shot 12 g, pointed in the air, yelled "This is a stickup!" and fired the shotgun into the ceiling. Gun was now empty. "Tiny" reached under counter, came out with a 3 iron, beat the robber to within an inch of his life.

Richmond VA- shoplifter, being chased on foot by store security, ran into what he thought was a park, and tried to run through gate at large house. Large house is the Executive Mansion, home of the VA Governor. He got to met the members of the Executive Security detail.

No one said they were smart.......

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  14. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I think this guy won a Darwin...

15. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

The prisons are full of people who think they are smarter than anyone else, and this attitude was a big part of their downfall. They thought they were so smart end ended up doing something so dumb.

16. shadamai

shadamai New Member

When I worked at the mall, one of my coworkers had money and a bank card stolen out of her purse one day. She knew who did it, but the video camera didn't actually show the theft (only narrowed it down to three people who could have done it.) Fortunately, one of the debits off of her card was a $400 cell phone payment. The police were able to get a warrant and the idiot paid his own cell phone bill with the card! Furthermore, the victim worked at a portrait studio and had at least a dozen high quality portraits of the guy to provide to the detectives and the man's cell phone number on file.

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Some of them are actually smarter than what they portray,they are just to damn lazy to utilize their intelligence in a positive way. Some of them actually become smarter once their in prison, while in prison inmates have to learn to play "prison games" which consist of knowing how to manipulate staff members and in some cases other inmates. If an inmate can accomplish this, they can do alot of things that they otherwise couldnt do. All staff is trained to watch out this type of behavior but some still fall victim to it. Ive seen it thousands of times behind the fence, female staff is particularly susceptible to this behavior. Ive seen inmates be so polite and cooperative, they participate in all religious events and talk about how christ has changed their life. They usually work their way up to a position of "trust" on their unit,like orderly, secretary assistant,admin orderly,etc. Most inmates in these positions tend to get more privledges and tend to be less supervised than others because they are "trusted". Ive seen some of these exact types of guys discharge/parole, then one night while watching the 10 o'clock you see them in custody again for murder.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  18. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Yes, what you described certainly does happen. You definitely know what you are talking about. There are some very intelligent people in prison and they quickly learn how to manipulate their environment to their advantage. So many of them are quick to find Jesus when they are incarcerated, and I suppose some of them might even be sincere. By doing something dumb I was referring to them not using their intelligence for something good. I was never incarcerated but I knew a few of these types and actually went inside the state medium custody prison on several occasions to participate in a sports program. I was amazed by what some of the inmates were telling me.

19. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

My favorite dumb criminal story comes out of Oklahoma. Two men, who turned out to be brothers, walked into a bank brandishing guns and made everyone lie on the floor. Then one of them put a satchel on the counter and ordered the clerk to fill it with money. The robbers then backed out the door warning everyone to stay where they were. As soon as they were out of sight, employees locked the doors. When the police arrived on the scene, they found the two brothers in the parking lot of the bank, engaged in a fist fight with each other. The reason for the fight turned out to be an argument over who was supposed to have picked up the bag of money before they left the bank. It was still sitting on the bank counter where they left it.

20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The smart criminals are called politicians.