Ducky Dynasty

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by kytowboater, May 16, 2012.

1. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Figured with there being threads about Americans Guns, and everyone's favorite show......S.O.G.......... What are your thoughts on Duck Dynasty?

I enjoy the show a lot, I'm not a duck hunter but it makes me laugh. Uncle Si is out there and Phil is pretty cool. Dig the beards, as I can't grow one.

2. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

What's that? Another one of those idiot shows that have nothing to do with History, Learning, Discovery or science fiction (wrestling is fiction but not science fiction)?? I've stopped watching Discovery, Learning and History channels because they've gone "reality show stupid" any more. I remember when they used to show programs that were relevant to their particular format. Now it's all just mindless drivel.

3. kytowboater

You hit the nail on the head. This show is on A&E though, not the other ones. Yeah it's mindless dribble, that's all tv is anyhow.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

The biggest difference between DD and all the other crap? DD actually has legit comedic value. If you don't think it's funny, you have no sense of humor at all. Even though I'm sure most of it is staged (if not all of it), it's freaking hilarious.

5. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I love it. I crack up at the stupid ideas they come up with, like trying to vacuum up bees so they can get their honey or blowing up a duck blind. They're just good ol southern boys who made it big, not the drama like the SOG or American Guns

6. kytowboater

I like that lack of drama that exists. They got lots of toys and money. Probably is all staged as mentioned above but damn I love watching it.

7. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Oh I'm sure half of it is staged, like them wearing camo all the time or at the beginning when they pull up in a rolls Royce haha

8. kytowboater

Frogging on the golf course, getting pulled over for Si in the UTV on te trailer. Drug dogs? That was a easy stop... Idk still funny. I don't blame him for riding on the trailer. Then have got to have people who actually make the calls right?!

9. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Yeah the golf course was a bit much. And neither do I, I would have too

10. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

I really dig the show, been watching it since it came on. Something about good ol boys pulling up in a rolls wearing camo suits tell me, that there's fittin' to be a good time.

11. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

I like DD for its premise of rich rednecks with toys. Ive been around several who have come into money in a short time period and thiils seems pretty accurate. I do çring at time when they seem to shoot without regard for backstops, ie shooting into river or tree without regards to richocets. As for History I know it's a "game" show but I like TopShot and TopGuns.

12. kytowboater

Top guns is cool too.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

Well they had a yard sale once. One of the guys was flipping out that his recliner got sold. Then while he was chewing his wife out for selling it, you could very clearly see it sitting in the background.