Ducks Unlimited 20 Gun Collection

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by tommac53, Mar 18, 2010.

1. tommac53

tommac53 New Member

Does anyone have any idea of a realistic value for a set of 20 Ducks Unlimited matching numbered (#0039) collection of guns ranging from a 1973 Rem. 1100 12 ga. to a 1987 Browning a-5 12 ga? Has anyone ever heard of similar sets?

Thanks

2. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I'll give you $200...right now!

I've never heard of this, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen! That sounds like one hell of a collection. Do they all have the duck head logo stamped on?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010

3. deth502

deth502 New Member

4. tommac53

tommac53 New Member

Thanks for the offers, unfortunately, I'll need a little more. Just trying to get a feel to see if any other similar sets are out there. Offers are welcome though!

5. tommac53

tommac53 New Member

Suprdave, most, if not all, have some sort of DU logo or reference on them

6. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Are these the commercial models or the "Dinner Guns"? I would say the dinner guns would probably be worth 10 times as much based on rarity and numbers produced, and what they originally 'sold' for. I saw a BPS go for $2400 at the dinner and the over the counter model was maybe $300 back then.

7. tommac53

tommac53 New Member

These are the dinner guns

8. mrasgt

mrasgt New Member

Hold On

Stop right there!

I was a DU treasurer for my local chapter for many years.

These dinner guns in the order you describe are very valuable. Be careful. DO NOT jump into this too fast. There is a great deal of $ involved to the right buyer. my advise, go slow, get informed. Me? " My cold dead hands"....if you know what I mean. Are they unfired?

M

9. mrasgt

mrasgt New Member

DU guns

If you must, start by calling DU national and asking for someone in thier gun dept. Or maybe the NRA national office. If you can find a couple of high end gun auctioneers, speak to them as to thier experience. Please go slow brother! Don't let anyone one near them untill you now what youre doing.

M

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I think you should donate them to the NRA museum here in Alexandria VA. You can take the hit as a tax right off and save a ton of money plus you will know that they are going to be taken care of.

11. deth502

deth502 New Member

well, my offer of $250 still stands, and it beats free ;) :D