Dropped Glock26

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Logan2302, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Logan2302

Logan2302 New Member

I was taking my 26 out of my inside coat breast pocket last night and dropped it on a carpeted floor. It cocked!

Since my home is in the city, I couldn't take it out in the yard and really check it out, all I could do was check for a chambered round. There was not. (I don't carry concealed and chambered unless it's in a holster.

Any ideas? I took it out to the garage and beat it on the bench a few times and no repeats.

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'm not understanding this. It's a striker fired pistol, how do you close the slide without it being cocked? Do you pull the trigger and leave the slide closed when not carrying it?

3. Logan2302

Logan2302 New Member

Good question. I remove the mag, triple check that there is no round chambered, dry fire, and re- insert the mag.:rolleyes:

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Maybe the inertia of the impact was enough to move the slide slightly. You barely have to move the slide to cock any striker fired pistol.

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

This is what I would guess. Only a few millimeters of slide travel is required to set the trigger on a Glock.

6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Yep, that's my bet. To keep it out of battery it only requires the width of a piece of cardboard in the Glock.

Next time, don't feel like you have to beat your guns. I am a mandatory reporter and may have to remove it from your home into mine.

7. mikecu

mikecu New Member

Are you saying that the trigger did a reset?

The slide had to move about 1/2" to do that or the trigger just moved forward and appeared to reset. The trigger safety will hold it forward without the trigger actually being reset.

Dry fire it and manually pull the trigger forward and you will see.

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Its a Glock.....nuff said:)

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

The trigger safety (drop safety) is not engaged when the trigger is already to the rear. He was carrying it with the chamber empty and dry fired.

10. Logan2302

Logan2302 New Member

Roger on the gun beatings. :rolleyes:

Thank ALL of you for your help. I've never noticed this happening before so I wanted to get your input.

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Do you drop your Glock often? :D

12. Logan2302

Logan2302 New Member

Rather than running the risk of gun confiscation, I'll have to take the 5th.

13. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Haha. Well, if you gotta drop a gun the Glock is the best choice. Not much you can do to hurt one.

14. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Funny thing about this, I dropped my cok on the floor last night and it glocked.

15. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Of all three of my Glocks, it takes about 1/4" of slide travel to catch the sear.

16. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Either the trigger moved forward, not engaging the sear or the slide moved sufficiently to engage it, either way the gun is perfectly safe and can be beaten to death without discharging a round.

The 3 safeties in the Glock platform are designed to disengage progressively as you pull the trigger, you can use the gun as a hammer with a round in the chamber and it won't discharge unless the trigger is pulled, that is if all the safeties haven't been tampered with, specially the plunger, which will not allow the striker to hit the primer

17. dp509

dp509 New Member

This is what I think.