dropleg holster

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by harold55, Jan 12, 2012.

1. harold55

harold55 New Member

I have a sig p226 and really like the Serpa level 3 holster. Does anybody know if this holster will function with my pistol? I have had people tell me the 226 is similar to other modles(228?). Will this work or should I look at something else and if so what? Thanks for any input.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Do a search for one that is made for YOUR gun ;)

3. Gun_Shy

Gun_Shy New Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  4. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I've had Serpas in the past, and they are ok, but if I were you, I would do a little research before I bought one. I will tell you that I will not own another.

There have been quite a few instances of NDs where people shot themselves in the leg or foot because of those holsters. It's actually so prevalent that most of the big name schools do not allow their students to use Serpas in their courses. I know Tactical Response is one such school.

Here's a link to a video that talks about it and brings up some good points:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDpxVG9XFJc&feature=relmfu]Opinion: Blackhawk SERPA and Tex Grebners Mishap - YouTube[/ame]

-Fred

5. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I like the Blackhawk Serpa but I also like the Blackhawk Omega VI Ultra Universal Modular Light Holster. Eagle Industries also makes a very good dropleg holster as well. Anyone of these would make a great dropleg holster for you. Good luck.

6. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Some valid points in the video, I have the Serpa CQC and like it a lot, I loosened up the retention screw some and have no problem with the draw. When I first got it the retention was so tight I can easily see this happening. Training will help out with the trigger finger some but not 100%. I'm not sure if any Kydex holster is perfect for safety during the draw as I have seen others that were far worse than the Serpa. I will have to look at the Safari Land and see for myself.

As for the Sig compatibility I have herd of some having problems finding a holster that will work with their gun.

As always good information here, thanks for posting.