Drop in trigger for 1911?

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by Kenney, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Kenney

Kenney New Member

Is there a kit or somehing? Links please.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Most aftermarket triggers require minor fitting.

Those that are "drop-in" usually have too much play.

The key to installing a new trigger is to remove the same amount on top and bottom. A little file work, patience, and you could have a trigger for your firearm. Not one that fits every other firearm.

3. Kenney

Kenney New Member

Clearly I'm confused here. I meant the kind of trigger you find on just about every other kind of gun. I've replaced a straight pull trigger before on a Taurus. Do those have proper names?

4. Kenney

Kenney New Member

The kind of trigger that hangs down and pivots to fire.

5. danf_fl

The only one I can think of right off that has a pivoting trigger is the ParaOrdnance LDA.

There have been attempts in the past to change the straight pull to a pivotal on the 1911, but were dropped by the wayside.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Each to his/her/its own, but why would you want to do that to a functional 1911? I thought that was one of the big selling points of the design?

7. Kenney

Kenney New Member

It's kind of a personal preference. The straight pulls never sat well with me.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

I hear that. Have you ever tried a CZ75b? Mine has a swinger trigger and is a fun range gun but probably a bit heavy for carry. You might end up liking it better than the 1911. :)

9. Kenney

Kenney New Member

Planning get a CZ 85 in 9mm. The on difference is 85s are lefty approved.

10. danf_fl

After reading ALL of your posts, may I suggest that you make a list of what you want.

All these random questions on different platforms is beginning to make you look like a troll.