drop in quadrail ?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by kuntreebouy, Jan 4, 2014.

1. kuntreebouy

kuntreebouy New Member

ok, I got a 7"carbine drop in aluminum quadrail from a guy that's on a local state forum Im a member of, he got a AR15 and it was completely painted over, all the t marks were hidden and he didn't have a clue what brand it was, but he didn't need it for the route he was going with the rifle , I paid 25$ for it shipped, anyway he sent me a mess. saying he found out from the prev. owner [ his friend I assume] that it was supposedly a real old knights armorment co. drop in quad rail , I put it in some brake fluid to loosen up the crappy chipped up paint job and cleaned it up, the thing is it doesn't have any markings on it at all except the t, r , l , and b marks on it, just curious if anyone knows of companys not putting their names on their quadrails , or is the guy that painted over the rail lying or just doesn't know better,, the guy wasn't trying to get me to pay more for it, a deal is a deal, and I bought it not knowing what it was anyway, just curious if it could really be a old high quality rail or not

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

kuntreeboy,

A picture would be nice. And unfortunately not all quad rail manufacturers put their names on the units.

3. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

Sounds like it could be like mine which is made by UTG but a picture would definitely help.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Why worry about it? Whether it is top end or a complete pos, you paid $25. You did well.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

5. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Post up a picture. But hell, if you don't like it I wouldn't mind throwing some green your way for it.

6. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

+1 as long as it fits on ur AR then it was worth the $25

7. kuntreebouy

kuntreebouy New Member

yea, I don't really care if its a 100$ or 10$ retail rail, I was just curious if so called "top end" rails actually had the name on em or not, aslong as it doesn't have MADE IN CHINA in huge letters along the side idc, even if it did have MADE IN CHINA along the side of it , I would just repaint it and know that I personally did not buy it from china:)

8. kuntreebouy

kuntreebouy New Member

heres my 25$ special

Attached Files:

9. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

It looks alot like the diamond head rail my brother in-law took off his stag it came stock on his rifle but his did say diamond head near the front under top rail.

it looks like a fine rail for $25

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Looks like a utg to me.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I wouldnt worry about what brand it is . You got $25 in it and if your happy with your purchase it doesnt matter whos name is on it. I think your got a good deal no matter what brand

12. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

Mines a utg but doesnt have any holes in the rail itself like his does, so not sure could be any number of brands honestly

13. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

You may, or may not, ever find out what make it is, however, if you are happy with the quality, if it fit's well, and if it looks great when you are done, I am with the rest of the folks. $25 is a good deal.

Unless you can actually find an 'honest' make on it, you may never now. Even if it looks exactly like a name brand, (and even if it has a name), you can't be sure that it isn't a Chinese knock-off.

I say get that cleaned up, mounted and SHOW US THE PIC's

:)