Driving me crazy!!!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by fmj, Mar 8, 2012.

1. fmj

fmj Active Member

well, after months of research, due diligence and shopping for best pricing i finally pulled the trigger, so to speak.

I hit the buy button @ JoeBobs outfitters on a Palmetto State M4gery!

Now i am sitting and watching the FedUp tracking system and going NUTS. From KS to here its only a 10 hour drive....my package left KS 9a.m. yesterday. They estimate arrival tomorrow!

I can see it now, it will FINALLY arrive, i will go fill out the paper work at Sniperco...and the feds will put a 3 day hold on my purchase!:confused::mad:

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

That's where I got my PSA from, you'll be happy with it I'm sure. Congrats on the new purchase.

3. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Yep, the waiting is the worst part. I had to wait 5-weeks for my RRA upper to arrive from the factory and it's really hard to be patient.

Congrats. on the new rifle! Joe Bob's does a fine job. The fact that they are able to keep guns in-stock and ready for shipment at such great prices is amazing.

Remember, patience is a virtue! :cool:

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Did ya get the free T-shirt? ;)

Attached Files:

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

No I didn't get the free t-shirt! WTH, I found out after my order about it.

6. fmj

fmj Active Member

I concur... WTH i didnt know anything about it!!

I REFUSE to purchase items that advertise stores or companies (Rem, Win, Browning, GM , Cabelas etc) but i will happily advertise if they provide me with a cool garment for free...as happened with my newest hat...bought youngest boy a new compound bow for X-ma and it came with a free Winchester archery hat...i wear it all the time!

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Oh you know nothing of waiting until you start dealing with nfa items.... lol

8. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

What the hell causes the feds to put these holds on some people, I have a buddy and his dad who have this happen all the time, it has happened 4 times between the 2 of them in the last couple years. Once was for a S&W 357 the others were long guns, not ARs or AKs either, shotguns and such.

9. fmj

fmj Active Member

Names that are alike to known felons? :confused: Dunno, i have known guys that have this happen to them all the time as well...especialy the past couple years.

As of yet i have never had a wait on any gun. I always use my SS# when filling out paperwork tho and have a completely bleach clean record. That being said, i havent bought a new gun from an FFL in quite a while.

But i just KNOW that now that i have already been waiting (impatiently) for my newest "play thing" they will do me wrong.

1000 rounds of .223 burning a hole in my safe!!!!!

10. fmj

fmj Active Member

+1 on JoeBobs.

Never dealt with them before, but within a couple hours of me hitting the "buy" tab they had it shipped. Every place around i ask about the PSA i am told 6-8 weeks + lead time and MUCH more expensive than what i gave to JoeBobs. This is why i decided to buy NOW as opposed to waiting until the 17th and the gun show. With my luck i wouldnt find one, or a deal on one at the gun show and then JoeBobs would be sold out.

But now that i bought one i will prolly see one at the gun show for $500!
    :rolleyes:

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

With a purchase as large as yours, you could have got a sweatshirt!

NOTE: To all JoeBob customers

A Public Service Announcement from the FTF & cane

Attached Files:

12. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I think I'll have to PM Mr. Joe Bob and see if I can get a IOU hoody!

Well there goes that idea per the site:

"*Only one coupon code per order allowed.
    *Free Apparel offers not retroactively applied"

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

UPDATE: I just did a JoeBob live chat with the following results:

Debi:
    Hello Canebrake

canebrake:
    Do you offer discounts for FFL 03, Vets, Clubs?

I am a moderator on the FireArmsTalk Forum and my members are asking.

Debi:
    Hello Canebrake We do offer discounts to FFL's using the coupon code "FFL". It is a 5% discount. Vets also get 5% discounts with the coupon code "THANKYOU"

canebrake:
    Cool, can I post this chat on my forum?

Debi:
    i see no reason why not.

canebrake:
    Can we use two coupon codes on the same order?

Debi:
    No. We only allow one coupon code at a time. You can always take the one that offers you the better deal, but only one

Debi:
    The only exception to that is the free hoody. If your order qualifies for it and you want a free hoody but have already used a coupon code, we will have to do that on our end just place a note in your order notes

canebrake:
    Thanks Debi, tell JoeBob he should check out becoming a vendor on our forum. It's only $50/year and we have well over 30,000 members.

canebrake:
    Feel free to check out the forum;
    www.firearmstalk.com

canebrake:
    bye

Debi:
    bye

14. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Oh well, I know for next time if I ever place an order with them. I fall into the free apparel is not retroactive category.

15. fmj

fmj Active Member

DAMN, now i am saddened! I could always use a new hoody for my workouts at the gym.

Too bad for them, in a gun loving state like IN and the amount of people that belong to my gym, thats quite a few potential customers they passed on by not just tossing in the shirt.

16. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

yeah tell me about waiting we have 50 stripped lowers coming and there 7 more weeks out :(

17. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Hell, I've exchanged several pleasant e-mails with Joseph (JoeBob) himself at sales@joeboboutfitters.com, I'd give him a shout and see what he can do for you. It's good advertising, I don't see why he wouldn't take care of a good customer. The worst he can say is no can do, you'll never know unless you ask. :cool:

18. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

WAIT WUT 50?

man you got it bad.............

19. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

yes you read that right 50 lowers and 50 stripped uppers also , along with 10 barrels , small group buy :D
    You know whats coming if the resident president isnt changed right ? So do the rest of us

20. fmj

fmj Active Member

I will do this! If he says no, i am not really out anything...but HE is out a ton of free advertising.

Yeah, thats what I thought!!

DAMITMAN!!!!!

and i thought my 1 ar put a beating on my bank account...couldnt imagine THAT order!

**EDIT** Just a nice letter to the e-mail address above...shall be awaiting a response and will comment when/if i get one.