Dressing the part~~

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by W. C. Quantrill, Jul 4, 2012.

1. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

In regards to survivalism in case this mess goes to SHTF, the first thing that most pilgrims want to do is run out and get camo suits.

Those who are prepared, will not be found in camo or military attire of any sort. The need is to get lost in the crowd.

Think about it. Why would you want to telegraph your intent or become a target. What does paramilitary dress do for you other than to identify you? If you cant walk down a street and disappear, or step into a crowd and disappear, you need to rethink your strategy. Jeans and khaki work shirts are far better camouflage than military garb. Most of you will never get off a paved street. Even then think of how the standard green camo stands out in a dry tan stand of grass.....

That's all.

2. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Well I'm going to the woods. And I will avoid crowds when possible. Have you ever seen red dawn. You go ahead and stay on the streets.

3. W. C. Quantrill

I live in the "woods" but when I'm roaming around out there, or come out, I look like any other rancher, regardless of my intent. That is the point I was making.

4. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I would just rather not be seen at all.

5. W. C. Quantrill

Thats a good thought, but what with the drones and IR and such, it isnt going to happen, however, I do know from my spook buddy in AFG that they cannot penetrate thick pine needles with their current technology, but if they swing around and look in from the side, they can still see you,,,

Farm chores still have to be done.

6. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

If it comes to a point ware I bug out the onley chores I

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

If it comes to a point ware I have to bug out the only choirs I will be doing is surviving. And I'm pretty sure or government is going to be worried about other things than what I am doing in the woods at the time. Unless they are the reason for things going south. But even then good luck watching all of us.

8. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

But I do see your point. It would just depend on the situation. Blending in with the crowed is good and all but if you don't look like a threat to a bad guy then you look like an easy target. I will just mind my own business and keep my distance from bad situations. But if a reason accrues having the ability to disappear is a very good advantage. Remember you can't kill something when you don't know it's there.

9. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

"Most will never get off a paved street"? Working our way into "crowds"!? I understand that there's different camouflage for different backgrounds but most Americans do not live in cities (more live in suburbs and rural areas), and where do these situations actually work their way into most people's preparedness plans?!? I'd think they are exceptions if not being avoided altogether...

10. W. C. Quantrill

79% of US population lives in Urban areas, 21% of US population lives in rural areas.

Hockey, you keep showing your lack of knowledge more and more. Most people are not going to prepare, and if they do they will not leave home. The urban areas will remain populated until they starve or the situation reverses itself, because there is no where for them to go. The gas stations around the Colorado fire sold out within 4 hours.

Those of us who are fortunate enough to have rural property, sure as hell are not going to allow the urban masses to converge upon us. We have enough to keep us alive but not you.

11. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I have camo because 50' from my back door I will slip into the dense woods if I have to bug out.

12. W. C. Quantrill

My point is, I am already bugged out. We left the city 5 years ago. I am dug in, I will hide in plain sight, and I will mingle with the masses, and I will never be suspected, and I will come back to the house and sit in the easy chair and sleep in my comfy bed, and eat whatever we have for a meal. I dont intend to run and hide in a cave.

13. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

Quantrill, you might be onto something with the urban camo. Next time I have to go into Boston I'm packing my Flava Flav camo in my Bug out bag just in case.

Attached Files:

14. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

So what is your plan if you look outside and 50 people are running up your drive way with shot guns. Pull out your ma Duce and mow them all down before they get to the porch.

I thank I would grab my camo, win 70, my AR, my xd .45 and ammo that is all ready to go and hit the back door heading for the woods. Then at night fall I would come back with my buddies and we would have a shooting contest using them as targets. While remaining undetected at all times.

15. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I don't plan to bug out unless absolutely necessary. If there is a cloud of fallout headed in your direction do you really have a choice ? Its nice to think you will be sitting in your easy chair living the good life but I think it will depend on the situation IE what kind of S**T hits the fan

16. W. C. Quantrill

It is 21 miles from where I sit to the nearest paved road. There is no possibility of 50 people coming up my driveway with shotguns. They would not have survived the community alert. We here in the Great Plains do not share the same risk as those of you in heavily populated areas.

Dont identify yourself as a threat/target.

17. W. C. Quantrill

There isnt anywhere much that you can run to, to hide from a fallout cloud. If it comes to that, there wont be 50 people running down your driveway either.

18. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Well that is grate. I hope to soon have that advantage. I by no means plan to run as soon as shtf. Unless I just have no choice. But nothing and I mean nothing is worth losing my life over other than my family. If we are in danger of being over ran then I would hold off the threat long enuf for everyone to get out then they can have it.

19. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

If it means traveling a few hundred miles t oget out of the jet stream , then guess what, i think I would prob give it a shot.

20. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

It's that or just go ahead and shoot yourself.