Dreams thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cva209x50, Mar 12, 2014.

1. cva209x50

cva209x50 New Member

I'm starting a thread where you can talk about recent dreams, recurring dreams and / or any dream you remember.

A few nights ago, I dreamt I was friends with Dracula. He never bit me because of 4 reasons :

1. I eat a lot of garlic (dream and reality)
    2. In the dream, my dad worked in a lumber yard (you might be able to figure that one out)
    3. In the dream, I was dating Dracula's daughter
    4. He wanted me to help him with his self-control*.

*I bought him a flask, a tub of chicken liver in blood, a bottle of sunscreen, and a #88 Earnhardt hat.

2. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

I have recurring zombie dreams and have since I first seen the original night of the living dead,horror movies have never scared me except for those old zombie movies.
    It's funny cause now zombies are so popular and I've always had a weird obsession with them,And really still do.
    The thing about my dreams is that I can never find a gun or bullets and another weird thing is a lot of times I never see the zombies they are there in my mind I know there around but they just never show up, it's usaully just me running around trying to find friends a family.

3. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I'm feeling dejavu, or did I dream this thread?

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I had a Dracula dream when I was around 7 or 8. Dreamed I came into the house from playing, and found both if my parents drained in the house. Dracula appeared and I ran away. No matter how fast I ran he was always the same distance behind me. It became a recurring dream 3 or 4 times over a year.

Only recurring dream I remember.

5. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I have reoccurring nightmare that Obozo is still POTUS... :D

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

my dreams are way too intense to discuss on an open forum. many of mine border on nightmares and could scare small children, even some adults!:eek:

7. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I have dreams about things that happen in the future like conversations with people I don't know. Then later they happen. I knew my wife before I met her.

~ Get your tools and meet me on tow princess!~

8. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Has anyone ever had a paralyzed dream where you can't move.

mammas dont let your cowboys grow up to be babies

9. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Most of my earlier years I had lots of dreams, most were nightmares, many that repeated. Lots to do with losing my dad early and some about bullies I vanquished (in my dreams) but for the last 20 years, I have very few I can remember. Not sure why, I think it had more to do with me empowering myself in the Army, once I dumped most of my fears, my dreams (nightmares) left with them.

I dont miss my dreams, they werent all that much fun about 90% of the time. Anyone else lose their dreams through the years???

10. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

When I was a kid, I used to have a recurring dream about being killed during an amphibious assault,, I had the dream for several years, recurring monthly I would say,, those stopped when I went in the Marines in the mid seventies. I still have very strange dreams,, sometimes a night terror,, the really wicked ones you have just as you fall asleep, which in itself is weird to me,, scares the sh%# out of my wife when that happens,,, the only recurring dream I have now is a dream about making sandwiches in the buff with various older female celebrities , Welch, Andress, Dickinson, to name a few,,, nothing else happens, we're just naked making sandwiches, rather peaceful dream actually.

11. cva209x50

cva209x50 New Member

Last night I dreamt I went to the movies with my parents and the next thing I knew, I was in Atlanta running from the cops. The other 3 people that where in the car was : the duke boys and Justin Bieber. The car we drove: Dale Earnhardt SR's #3 car.

I still don't know how all four of us fit into that 1-seater car!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Funny thing, thats one of the only dreams that I have, All the sudden Im back in the Army (Ive been retired since 2001!). Usually involves a drill sgt! Funny, somehow they dont scare me.

13. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

For a few years after I got out of the Marines, I would dream that I was back in, but my hair was still long and I had my beard and I was in uniform, my summer C's,, I was just waiting for a gunny or an officer to ream my butt for improper shave and haircut but no one ever did.

14. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I dont usually dream....

... But when I do its about a funny looking stainless steel car with gull-wing doors..... :p

15. Axxe55

with or without the flux capacitor?:p

16. cva209x50

cva209x50 New Member

I had a repeat of the Dracula dream again last night. It was a little more detailed than the other one. The Dracula in last night's dream looked more like the Dracula from the Buffy series.

17. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

A few weeks ago I had a dream where someone broke into the house wielding a machete, I grabbed the .357 and emptied it but they just bounced off. I then ran to my room to get a real gun (Remington 870) but by the time I got to it yhe invader was already trying to kick down the door. I guess I couldn't reach the shotgun so I grabbed the buck knife sitting next to the T.V. and the dream ended with me opening the door and stabbing the person in the neck while he slashed my arm with his machete. It was a very creepy dream.

mammas dont let your cowboys grow up to be babies
    better dead than red

18. Axxe55

i had a deam once, maybe more of a nightmare actually, that i was still married to my first wife. thank goodness i woke up, and realized i just had a bad dream and my current wife was still asleep beside me. i woke her up and gave her a big hug and a kiss and thanked her!:D

19. stratrider

stratrider New Member

You are acquainted with someone that you think has the power to hurt you in some way, not necessarily in a physical way
    1. You are "eating garlic", doing something that you think keeps this person at bay
    2. Your father (maybe a symbolic father figure?) "works in a lumber yard", has access to a weapon or tool that can interfere with this person's ability to hurt you
    3. "Dating Drac's daughter" Maybe you are flirting with the devil? Not real sure if this is literal... Are you dating a new girl?
    4. Not sure about number 4
    That's the best I can come up with. No real solid interpretation, but I hope I got your gears turning on what it could be.

20. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Pretty funny you posted this just now.
    I had a dream last night and was going to ask Stratrider and Kytowboater if it happens to them.
    I may have asked before and forgotten.
    When I used to run boats, I would have recurring dreams of running my boat into strange situations.
    Things like cruising up a river until the water ran out, then throttling up to cut across a small bit of land to the head of another river flowing in the opposite direction.
    Or pulling into a harbor, and continuing up a street, tearing it up, but not incuring any damage to props or boat.
    I had these dreams when I was running boats, then they slacked off.
    Last night I got online to check out yachts for sale, so I guess the old feelings came back.