dream range features

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by zenstic, Aug 17, 2010.

1. zenstic

zenstic New Member

this seems the most appropriate place to ask this question,

what features does a dream range have? generic outdoor shooting lanes? indoor moving targets? underground concrete tubes?

i personally feel that a set of shoot houses arranged into a street setup would be fantastic. you could throw skeet off the top of the buildings and shoot rifles down the length of the street, not to mention all the pistol fun you could have.

thoughts?

2. VR4

VR4 New Member

This is what I think is a dream range

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyq90LEZe4k&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Futuristic German Shooting Range[/ame]

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

a NSSA Skeet range, ATA Trap range, International Trap range, 3D archery range, Shooting clays range, Hogan's alley, and clearing house.

I guess a little of all the shooting disciplines. Trained instructors on sight, with wining and dining facilities.

Asphalt parking (valet parking?)

Basically, a country club.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Scantily-clad female target changers & coooooold A/C. :D

5. Joe M

Joe M New Member

I'll take the NMLRA National Range in Friendship, Indiana anytime. I couldn't ask for more, and I prefer the outdoors. To me, this is an existing dream Range for what I enjoy shooting.

6. Walley

Walley New Member

/

One totally devoid of Rambo and Dirty Harry want to be morons.

7. Joe M

Joe M New Member

Well put, Walley

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Amen to that! I quit going to a local range and go out of my way to a new,safer range now.

I would like moving targets, street scenario ranges, things like that. Oh, and free ammo. :D

9. Walley

Walley New Member

/

Living on a small farm I set up an informal gun club on my place. We have a 200-yard rifle range, a pistol range and rudimentary clay set up. We also have a 100-yard lane through the grove with a backstop for people to practice shooting black powder and shotgun slugs in something like a hunting situation. Our rules are simple; no assault style weapons, no more than six rounds in any handgun, weapons can only be loaded at shooting stations, no concealed carry, gun safety at all times and any shooter under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. All told we have about 35 people who regularly shoot here. Most are serious hunters and a few law enforcement officers. These good people are more than generous in helping to pay for the liability insurance.

10. zenstic

zenstic New Member

so how does it work legally? do attendees have to sign a waiver or something?

EDIT: must be nice to be so close to the range :)

11. Walley

Walley New Member

/

People do have to sign in to be covered by the liability insurance. Outside of that the insurance carrier requires that we have no trespass signs prominently displayed on all sides of the property. So far so good we haven’t had any accidents or near accidents so far. People are so appreciative in having a place to shoot without the morons that they follow the rules and never take any chances.

The only time we have more than three or four people shooting at one time is every other Sunday afternoon when we have a muzzle loading jackpot shoot in the good weather. We have converted around ten people to the sport and it is a lot fun for all.