Drank the 870 Kool-aide...

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by big shrek, Dec 26, 2010.

1. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Welp, I spotted a Remmy 870 for $150 at the local pawn shop and jumped on it...
    Any issues I need to know about with these??

I vaguely remember qualifying with 'em in the Navy because I wanted to fire the Breeches Buoy lines...
    back in 1987...lol...and spent a few weekends busting clay pigeons...but that was about it.

I'm contemplating going to the Shurshot stock...looks like it would be more handy :)

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

The 870 is a great shotty. For a buck fifty its well worth it, depending on the condition. hell a deal that good would be hard to pass up.

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I would hardly consider getting an 870 drinking any kool-aid, and especially for that price. Around here, a good used one still goes for about a buck more.

Easy to handle with the factory stock, but if you wanna change it, heck it is your dollar. :D

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

When I hear drinking the kool aid all I see is the Jim Jones magic punch. LOL

5. mykelb

mykelb New Member

I have had a couple of servings of "The Cool-aide" and it has been very refreshing. I got my first one the same place at a Pawn Shop, it was a Magnum and I love it. I have had it rebuilt and it works flawlessly. Anything you might have to have to do to it should not cost too much because there are alot of aftermarket parts suppliers.

6. Viking

Viking Active Member

870's are great, my dad had one that I used for shooting crows in my grandmothers fruit orchard back in the late 1950's. He sold it and I was P.O.'d about that until a few years ago and now I have two. Remington has a lot of barrel options at affordable prices, I've often seen barrels for 870's in gun shops so their quite available. Also magazine extentions seem to be easily found at gun shops.

7. Viking

Viking Active Member

It's not Kool-Aid, he just doesn't want to admit to a love affair with a shotgun.:D

8. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Oh come on, what's not to love? You can just have lots of fun messing things up with one of these little jewels!!! :cool::D:cool::D

Attached Files:

9. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

You can't go much wrong with an 870. Hoooyah.
    [​IMG]

10. colmustard

colmustard New Member

870 was my second shot gun and first pump, never had a desire to buy another shotgun! It does everything it's supposed to and if it gets beat up a little while hunting no big deal. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin':D

11. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I have 2 870's and love them!