dragons breath

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by sbitter, Apr 2, 2012.

1. sbitter

sbitter New Member

Anyone hear ever used any of those exotic shotgun rounds like dragons breath, fetching rounds and all that stuff? Always thought they were interesting. Anyone got any stories or thoughts about all those?

2. akers06

akers06 New Member

Ive seen them on YouTube before they are pretty cool but not very many ethical uses for it lol

3. sbitter

sbitter New Member

Always have wanted to use it to start a bon-fire haha

4. akers06

akers06 New Member

Lol yea it would be cool to do that or just to mess around with

5. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

it is illegal in many states. before you think about buying any rounds know that. and also they are very bad for your gun, or so I understand.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4FjODPDFA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
    I hadn't actually heard about the dragons breath so I took a peak and found this video. Lots of fun ammo used. I think I know how dragons breath is made (no I won't share).
    Anyway enjoy the video guys and make a note of the bail of hay down range.

7. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

they use metal like magnesium

8. i think dragons breath is cool and i also would like to use the pepper spray one. and also the confetti to scare people.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Confetti shotgun ammo? That has got to be one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. When someone gets the idea that a deadly weapon can be used as a fun prank to scare people is when Mr. Murphy loves to show up and ruin several lives. All it would take is a lodged item in the barrel, confetti that got wet with moisture or oil, an improperly marked round or any number of other intangibles and BOOM, someone is dead and someone else is going to jail for a very long time.

A shotgun is a deadly weapon. Trying to turn it into something it is not is ill advised. I am not a fan of less lethal munitions for lethal weapons. Less is not the same as non. A purpose built 13 ga beanbag shotgun would not be as risky if it could not chamber lethal ammo.

10. Viking

Viking Active Member

I know Mr. Murphy very well, he mostly showed up in plumbing repair situations but with out a doubt he could easily show up in or out of a shotgun barrel. First of all the old statement comes to mind, "I thought the gun was unloaded." usually said after blood is flowing or there's a dead body laying on the ground. The question always has to be, are you absolutely sure of what's in the chamber of any firearm? That You Tube guy ought to have the sh*t kicked out of him, NO way I'd even begin to think of doing something like that. The odds for something going wrong are just too great, what if some guy with no sense of reality tries this stunt and makes a mistake in what ammo might be in the chamber?

11. have you guys heard about the double slug round or the mucho gucho " bolo" those are also go exotic shotgun rounds .

12. sbitter

sbitter New Member

Those are the ones connected by a chain right?

13. onetuza

onetuza New Member

Yeah, I'd like to try them but they're illegal in Florida, as are armor piercing rounds.

14. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

Also on a few sites it will only say cook county but it's,the whole state.

15. sbitter

sbitter New Member

Yea that's what I ment those look awesome I have looked at those before

16. akers06

akers06 New Member

I read that those are made for clearing brush in thick jungles and such

17. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Check out firequest, they have some really cool rounds. Think I will order a couple of different kinds, dragons breath, macho gaucho, zombie killer, flash bangs, lil pricey for just a 3 pack, but look interesting. Don't really dig on the confetti loads, shotguns are not party favors and shouldn't be treated as such, start thinking that way someone ends up badly injured or worse.

18. Viking

Viking Active Member

The thought came to mind about movie set weapons and blank ammo, seems to me I've heard of occasional things going bad even with all the care the movie armorers take insuring safety. To me a shotgun has three major uses, hunting, trap shooting and self defense. Anything outside of that I want nothing to do with.

19. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Brandon Lee comes to mind.Idiot's tried to make their own blank rounds and prop rounds out of the same batch of ammo.They ended up accidentally leaving a primer in a prop round,which led to a slug getting wedged in the barrel of a .44 mag revolver,then without checking the gun loaded up full house blanks into it,which led to Brandon taking basically the same thing as a regular .44 mag shot to the chest,killing him.