Drag Racing ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by readygirl, Aug 5, 2012.

1. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Anybody on here own / drive a drag car. Or follow the Full Throttle series ? The females did good this weekend in Seattle. Erica Enders took Pro Stock, Courtney Force took Funnycar.

2. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

Anybody can drive in a straight line. I do it every day on my way to work.

3. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I think being strapped to 8,000 HP , and going from 0 to over 300MPH in 4 seconds may be a little more exciting than your drive to work, but i could be wrong....:rolleyes:

4. CourtJester

Dunno... You haven't riden to work with me. There's a spot with a 0 to 186 mph straight line run in this video... But the curves are much more fun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8m0erKMNrA&feature=plcp[/ame]

5. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

It takes someone with some real balls and great driving skills including perfect reaction time to make a good drag racer not to mention u have to b strong if u have a few thousand ft pnds cause when your foot goes down your whole body goes back and u still have to use your arms and body perfectly to win the race. I love the sport theres nothing else like it. Anyone can slowely take off and drive in circles fighting over 1st place for 500 miles.

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

7. CourtJester

I've never broken the law.

I followed my friends breaking the law though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27BB9rbUxw0&feature=plcp[/ame]

I do get urked by drag racing and nascar though. Just doesn't seem all that inspiring. Formula One, Moto GP, WSBK, and AMA turn multiple directions and they keep going through wrecks and rain. Non-stop balls out till the end no matter what.

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

didn't know the posted speed limit anywhere in the US was 186mph :rolleyes: unless that wasn't you on the bike? :confused:

:p

9. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I have a good friend who's into the drags. He still drives down to Fl. for the GatorNationals every year. Me, I'll take F 1 anyday.

10. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I used to be really into it, but sold off my car, truck and trailer. I ran a few cars. 69 Dodge Super Bee, 72 Nova SS, 2001 Camaro SS. It was fun but after 20 years I decided to get into other hobbies that my family can enjoy.
    Here is a vid of the Nova after I got a different engine in it.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWkJcvTk4uY&feature=plcp[/ame]
    and this was my Super Bee

Attached Files:

11. readygirl

readygirl New Member

That nova is badass, im going to guess 11.80s ? Tell me if im close.Iv'e spent some time hanging out with the guys in the pits at the track. Drag racers are really cool guys, and based on their hotrods, tow vehicles, and decked out trailers, They must all be loaded $$$$$$. Im starting to figure it out, the chevy guys are the most fun, mopar guys are a little snobby, and ford guys are kinda cranky.

12. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I'll tell you who's hot is Courtney Force, xcept she has her dads big pie hole...lol

Attached Files:

• cf1.jpg
      cf1.jpg
      File size:
      14.2 KB
      Views:
    • cf2.jpg
      cf2.jpg
      File size:
      14.7 KB
      Views:
    • cf3.jpg
      cf3.jpg
      File size:
      19.2 KB
      Views:
    • cf4.jpg
      cf4.jpg
      File size:
      17.2 KB
      Views:
  13. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

The Nova was a Nitrous car, it went 11.4's on motor and would dip into the 9's on a 200 shot. The Dodge was an 11.60-11.80 and was motor only. My Camaro was a (I need to dig up a pic) was an 11.4 car on motor. Out of them all the Camaros was easiest and cheapest to go fast in, the Dodge was the coolest to drive around and the Nova was kinda a pain in the ass. It was a 355 with a solid roller cam, 4:88 gears and cage, so I really could not street drive it much even though it was plated and insured. Mopar guys are a funny bunch, kinda snobby and usually dirty.

14. billt

billt New Member

Isn't Robert Hight's wife John Force's older daughter from another marriage? I've never seen a photo of her, or see her around Force's other daughters.

15. readygirl

readygirl New Member

That would be Adria, she is chief financial officer at john force racing.

16. readygirl

readygirl New Member

There are 4 of them, Adria, Ashley, Courtney, and Brittney. None of them are toads.

17. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

I lost intrest in NASCAR when they went to all the same motors, all the same tires, all the same everything. It's boring, Indy got stupid and split never watched another race after that. Then NHRA went to 1000' and I was ok with that Driver safety is more important Plus all the big guys tune for 1000' the last 300 feet was just the motor eating its self alive. Then they went and did that STUPID NASCAR thing where you race all year long then for the last few races you start over. WHY? That is just STUPID. Sorry if you can't keep up with John Force or Tony Showmaker (Yes I know its spelt wrong) then figure out how to. Plus I want to see Bikes at EVERY race they are my favorite to watch. Then the poor Suzuki guys couldn't keep up with the Harley guys so the made the Harley's add weight change this and change that and they were still killing the Suzuki's.

I think I am just burned out on most motor sports. That is except Motocross I am getting back into watching that. All the Go Pro footage is crazy cool. Oh and I love me some MMA baby.

18. billt

billt New Member

Well said. I agree with most everything you said. The only motor sport I watch is Formula 1. It puts everything else to shame. It's a joke we don't have a driver good enough to compete. Mostly because Karting is not as popular here as it is in Europe. It's considered "not cool". Here kids buy dirt bikes and ATV's, wreck them in a year, then go on to work at Burger King. In Europe they go on to be multi million dollar Formula 1 drivers.

19. fmj

fmj New Member

Got to see Courtney whoop her old man head to head.

>>SNORT<< Too funny...in a sick, sad kinda way

Big pie hole you say?? All the better to fit my big, errrrr never mind....:p

Had a 72 Duece in my younger days. First v-8/car i ever built. 11.5's in a 1/4 no blow, no juice.

Then i had a 78 Cougar with the 351M after a few tweaks...that car would flat out FLY. No good in the quarter mile, but you put that old lead sled out on the freeway and let her wind up...WOW!

Also had a 78 tans am. Was just about finished restoring it when a 3/4 ton conversion van decided it didnt want to stop when i did....

After that i decided the thing with building fast cars was open the drivers door, throw every penny you ever worked for in, then open the passenger door while your flying 100+ mph and watch all that coin fly away.