Dr. Good Luck says im rich!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JonM, May 15, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

woohoo!! i just got an email telling me my nigerian relative made me rich!!

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Wow, congrats lol. Didn't know that scam had come back. Anyone foolish enough for that is probably deserving of it.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

scam???!!?!?!!!??? you mean im not nigerian rich???

4. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

Lmao, I see where that one is going

5. kytowboater

Lmfao! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

HAH! Chump! On the other hand, I was contacted by the daughter of a cocoa merchant there............

Y'know.....Ida thought it was too hot there to drink a lot of cocoa.....:confused:

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

this is what i sent back from a toss away hotmail acct:

1. YOUR FULL NAMES: Barack Hussein Obama

2. YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20500

3. YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBERS: (322) 850-7719

4. YOUR NEXT OF KIN: Michelle Obama

5. ANY MEANS OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION: Hawaiian maybe nigerian birth certificate

Please hurry i want the money bad!! my people need the help!!

8. kytowboater

9. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Well you gotta trust a Doctor!

10. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

That scam never left. What amazes me is that people still fall for it and the others.

This one was attempted to be perpetrated on me several years ago and still goes on. I had a Subaru for sale on Auto Trader online. I got an e-mail wanting to buy the car and ship it overseas. The sender stated he was getting a large payment for another transaction and would forward the total to me which was much larger than my asking price. I should cash the cashier's check and give the difference to his "agent" when I turned over the title. Never haggled over the price at all. Being I was suspicious on why someone would want to export a 10 year old Subaru and the rest, I contacted a friend in the auto squad at the PD. He never heard of any scams like this at the time and referred me to an FBI contact. I hit paydirt on the next call and was subsequently referred to someone at the Secret Service as they got the job of investigating this scam and is was a biggie. People lost their cars and money as the cashier's checks were bogus and usually didn't get discovered for several days after it was cashed when the bank called you and gave you the bad news. They hold you responsible and there is little one can do at this point. The e-mails came from overseas and were just out of reach of our authorities. I know for fact that this scam is still active so if you list something for sale online, be aware. They try this on eBay listings also. I know of a local woman who lost her merchandise and owed the bank several hundred dollars for the bad check as a result. It even made the local news.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

Could be a witch doctor. :eek:

[​IMG]

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Even Dr. Good Luck knows I'm not rich. :(

13. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Gello, that pic is wrong on so many levels.

14. richone

richone New Member

sucks , i got my check last week ! iam a lucky man to have such good relatives !anybody need a small loan ? only 40% interest rate ,in advance please . lol