Dpms sportical 5.56/.223

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Randyman59, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Randyman59

Randyman59 New Member

Any pros/cons to this rifle?
    Walmart lists them for less than $800.

Any comments?

2. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

If you are looking for a good AR in that price range, look at the S&W M&P Sport. Much higher quality rifle for the same price range.

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I would prefer S&W Sport for the same price.

But neither is anywhere close to the same quality of a PSA build for the same price, in my opinion. Here's one for $559.99. Add a few bucks for shipping and maybe $150 for a lower...you've got a solid AR for under $750.

4. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Agree with the S&W option as well.
    By the way, the PSA Kit is sweet at that price point. I must keep them in mind when it comes time to build my 2 lowers.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

A shooting buddy has one and loves it and loves to play Barbie with it and furniture and optics and such. He ended up getting a different upper receiver for it; wanted the forward assist and something else that weren't on the stocker. It made me think of the base model econocar, plainjane but it shoots fine.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

With adequate research and understanding you can put together a darn good PSA for about the same price as those sad low ballers we all see in the LGS rack. Why not get the barrel profile, length, twist and gas length you really want along with other specs - not what some bean counter foists off on buyers who don't do their homework.

I would pass on the Sportical.

7. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

As stated by the wise members above...PSA and S&W would be my choice as well in that price range.

8. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Agreed with the rest of the posters. Better can be had for about the same price. Prices have come back down a bit since the panic buying is over.