Dpms lr 10

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by FMtango, Sep 15, 2010.

1. FMtango

FMtango New Member

Ok, until I have a hormone imballance or something like that I have made my decision to be the LR 10 by DPMS as my next purchase and I would like to have some input as to: 1. does anyone have or has had one of these rifles, 2.Pros and cons and what accessories would you put on it and why.

I am looking at the flattop and the 16" barrel, M4 style stock....thanx..Paul

2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

We have one for sale at the shop and it's a hell of a nice firearm, although, they won't let me test drive it because it's new, B'atches.

3. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

Good luck on your next purchase. I think you made a good choice.

4. FMtango

FMtango New Member

Sounds like you are going to have to buy it then. The only way out.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I've got a DPMS LR308B, picked it up as my first rifle and I love it. Spent the time and broke her in over 100rds and she shoots sweet. Now that I have access to a 500yd range I hope to get her out more often.

Good luck :)

6. skydriver

skydriver New Member

I've got the DPMS LR-308 ... with the 24" stainless fluted barrel. I added a RRA 2-stage trigger, Ergo grip, Magpul PRS stock and Harris bi-pod.

[​IMG]

Its not a Stoner SR25 ... but then it wasn't $4500 either! I've owned a an SR-25 and like an idiot I sold it to fund something else. The only problem with it is that it was boringly accurate and and I got to where I never took it to the range. I could pick dandylions at 200 yards with it ... the I haven't got the DPMS to do that but I'm still working up a load for it.

7. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

When I buy my next .308 it's going to be a FNAR. God knows I'm in love with that rifle.

8. FMtango

FMtango New Member

Thats what I am talking about. That magpull seems to do the trick.
    Whats your take on the quick disconnect scope mounts?

9. skydriver

skydriver New Member

The downside to the Magpul PRS stock on the AR platform, especially one that is the length of the AR-10 is the cheek riser will get in the way of the charge handle ... but then you shouldn't need much elevation anyway :eek:

My QD mount is an ARMS mount I've had for years ... it helps to save room in the safe plus I use it on 2 different rifles. I've got the clicks counted so I know where I need to be on either rifle ... it serves me well but solid clamp on mounts are probably better.

10. RobertsUSA

RobertsUSA New Member

Dpms lr308

skydriver:

It looks like you have an AR-15 PRS and not the AR-10 style.

The AR-10 style has the front of the cheek rest bobbed to accommodate the longer pull of the charge handle.

I want one of these or an Armalite NM upper.
    I have both the DPMS and a AR-10 style Iron Ridge lowers and am looking for the right upper. Want a brake though.

Just got the lowers to fit and make some Vise Blocks and then the .308 bug hit me - big time.
    CIMG0741.jpg

Ed

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  11. kimberkid

kimberkid New Member

Yep it is for the AR15 ... I had bought it for my varmint gun but once I got it didn't really care for it on that gun so I tried it on the LR308. I've had an itch to build another 308 AR on the CMMG lower that takes the HK91 mags but since I rarely shoot 308 anymore I've been resisting. The one pictured above was bought while Obama was sitll a Senator and if memory serves me correctly it has less than 400 rounds through it.

Have fun with your build!