Dpms Bull 20

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by David, Feb 3, 2010.

1. David

David New Member

Just got to take my new rifle to the range to day. I think I'm in love with this rifle. It held a great grouping at 100 yards and i haven't even broke it in all the way yet. I was shooting hornady 55 grain V-max.

Attached Files:

2. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

Great shooting!

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Wow, great 100 yd dead guy!

4. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Scope power ?? That is great at 100 yds.

5. David

David New Member

It's a 8-32*40mm BSA cheap scope but work good and is clear out to 400 yards pass that its just to hazy to see anything. Need to get a bushnell elite 3200.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Really nice shooting. That is SUB Minute of Dead Groundhog all day in these parts. :D

Love those 20" bull rifles and the lighter .223 rounds. You can shoot the hell out of them and hold tight groups all week long. Excellent choice and it still has the zing to put down a good sized, uh, "target". :cool:

JD

7. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Oh sure you just had to post this. I convinced myself I don't need a 458 SOCOM. Then I was convinced to get a bolt gun and not build another AR with a bull barreled upper and you have to go and post this. Don't you know how hard it is for me to let that Smith M&P lower just sit there in the safe?

That spare lower I have is going to give me a heart attack...lol.

Great group with that upper.

8. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Talk about shooting the nuts off a gnat.

9. David

David New Member

What bolt action are you looking at.

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Holy giant pictures batman!! Nice shooting!

11. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I thought I was looking at a 700 but JD (Dillinger) is educating me right now on another thread. Daydream project

12. David

David New Member

Just read thought that post lot of good stuff. If any thing got me sold on a savage 10fp which is the rifle ive been saving up for. Ive shot one at the range the only thing is that the stock is not all that great just add a after market stock and it a great rifle.

13. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Great shooting David. You gotta love the 55gr VMax's,my 20" RRA likes them also along with the 75gr AMax bullets but I have a 1-8 twist barrel on my RRA.I don't know what twist DPMS has on theirs.
    You also can't go wrong with a Savage either,but get the Accustock along with the Accutrigger model. The plain Savage stock is junk and best thrown in the trash. I'm waiting on my Savage 25/06 tactical to arrive in the next couple weeks,and hope it shoots just as good as my Savage 300WM tactical.

14. bmb1127

bmb1127 New Member

the 3200 elite are cheap on ebay and they work awesome.. i think you will make a good decision on that one

15. muleyjon

muleyjon New Member

I have the lr308 and I love it! It loves amaxs. I'm thinking of selling it if anyone is interested. It has an upgraded Krieger 20" barrel.