Firearms Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with Doublestar? I saw a pretty good looking one at my lgs today for what seemed to be an almost unbelievable price and I'm very tempted to go back and get it.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
I'd be looking hard for specs. That'll tell you the story.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Does anybody have any experience with Doublestar? I saw a pretty good looking one at my lgs today for what seemed to be an almost unbelievable price and I'm very tempted to go back and get it.
What's a unbelievable price?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had intended doing that once i have access to my computer again as I'm out of town. I was just wondering if anybody had first hand experience. Also, at any rate thanks for the quick reply Quentin.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Not to hijack your thread but I saw a Troy upper for $699 at a local gunshow, I asked the old folks running the booth if the made a mistake. They told me the price was correct, they also said it was ordered from Troy and was all original. If I had the money it would have been mine... Oh well, it wasn't meant to be :-(

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw a complete Troy rifle on sale at Dick's sporting goods on black friday for about $850 and it looked nice.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Alwayscarrying said:
I saw a complete Troy rifle on sale at Dick's sporting goods on black friday for about $850 and it looked nice.
I'm kinda Curriosity about that LWRCi melonite barrel...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Melonite does seem to be pretty cool. Especially for bench shooting. Thinner than chrome and at least as durable seems desirable.

·
Banned
41 Posts
No experience with a complete Double Star gun, but I used a Double Star barrel and BCG in one I assembled for myself. I used the 16" fluted stainless bull barrel and BCG that Brownell's sells. The price was decent and everything went together well, with a tight fit and no issues.

I've only had that carbine to the range once so far. The first group was larger than an inch, but after that the gun and I settled down and it printed three honest, five shot groups of a hair under an inch using handloads. No malfunctions. The barrel cleaned very easily. Very promising performance so far.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have used doublestar parts in a couple of AR's before and no quality control issues. Wouldn't call it teir 1, but reliable. Don't know about their rifles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts