Doublestar Ar-15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Alwayscarrying, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Alwayscarrying

Alwayscarrying New Member

Does anybody have any experience with Doublestar? I saw a pretty good looking one at my lgs today for what seemed to be an almost unbelievable price and I'm very tempted to go back and get it.

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'd be looking hard for specs. That'll tell you the story.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

What's a unbelievable price?

4. Alwayscarrying

I had intended doing that once i have access to my computer again as I'm out of town. I was just wondering if anybody had first hand experience. Also, at any rate thanks for the quick reply Quentin.

5. Alwayscarrying

Havoc, it was marked for $725, which seems pretty good to me.

6. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

7. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

Not to hijack your thread but I saw a Troy upper for $699 at a local gunshow, I asked the old folks running the booth if the made a mistake. They told me the price was correct, they also said it was ordered from Troy and was all original. If I had the money it would have been mine... Oh well, it wasn't meant to be :-(

8. Alwayscarrying

I saw a complete Troy rifle on sale at Dick's sporting goods on black friday for about $850 and it looked nice.

9. TankTop

I'm kinda Curriosity about that LWRCi melonite barrel...

10. TankTop

Stupid iPad spell check....

11. Alwayscarrying

Melonite does seem to be pretty cool. Especially for bench shooting. Thinner than chrome and at least as durable seems desirable.

12. Khromo

Khromo New Member

No experience with a complete Double Star gun, but I used a Double Star barrel and BCG in one I assembled for myself. I used the 16" fluted stainless bull barrel and BCG that Brownell's sells. The price was decent and everything went together well, with a tight fit and no issues.

I've only had that carbine to the range once so far. The first group was larger than an inch, but after that the gun and I settled down and it printed three honest, five shot groups of a hair under an inch using handloads. No malfunctions. The barrel cleaned very easily. Very promising performance so far.

13. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

I have used doublestar parts in a couple of AR's before and no quality control issues. Wouldn't call it teir 1, but reliable. Don't know about their rifles.