Double star upgrades

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by herp_man2003, Oct 22, 2011.

1. herp_man2003

herp_man2003 New Member

I bought a double star ar. Its the hbar version. What parts would you guys replace on this. I ordered a magpul grip for this, and I was thinking of adding a magpul moe stock. What about the bolt group? I was thinking maybe something in chrome? Let me know what you all think. Thanks Anthony

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Why didn't you just get an AR w/ all that stuff already? It would have saved you money.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've always wondered why everyone buys a gun and starts replacing stuff on it right away. I know the AR is like the Chevy 350 of the gun world with more accessories and options than Barbie, but damn!

Rock and roll with it for a bit before replacing stuff. I love the Magpul grip myself, and that is the only thing that I would just be desperate to change right off the bat if I were to buy one right now.

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

How do you like the Double Star? I bought one of the M4's a while back and have really liked how it shoots. I keep saying I"ll get this or that for it. But I have not yet. I kind of like it as it is though.