Double fire

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by kmglocks, May 27, 2012.

1. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Took my pal's norinco out to fire and had 2, 2 round bursts out of 20 rounds total. Bolt was clear of cosmo and excessive oil before firing. Just thought you guys might have an opinion of what might be the issue. Thanks!

2. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

Does your pal have a light or short trigger pull on that Norinco?
    It could be bump fire I have had a few unexpected bumps with my light trigger guns when my hold on the grip gets loose.

3. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

More than likely it's shooter error like mentioned above.

4. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Good point to both, that seems to be the most likely issue. Gonna delve into it tonight to see if there's anything wrong internally.

5. gr8wapiti

gr8wapiti New Member

I had an SKS once, if you wedged your finger up into the trigger it would double fire. My buddies AK-47 would do the same. We figured it was just a "thing" with those firearms and would avoid "wedging" our fingers into the triggers. Those guns we shot 1000's of rounds thru and never had any other problems except the occasional stove piped round.

6. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I would shoulder that rifle like a man :) and shoot it again before messing w/ anything internally.

7. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Its an sks and it needs a good run through as i know the previous owner sucks at weapons maintenance but hanks.

8. Kalash1138

Kalash1138 New Member

STOP!!!! Check and make sure the firing pin will move freely in the bolt, before you shoot again. The SKS does NOT have a spring in the firing pins and you can be experiencing SLAM FIRE (meaning the firing pin is stuck in the forward position).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj3QtnUWCwQ[/ame]

Watch the video!

Safe shooting!

9. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Thanks, I knew this already though. I just gave the bolt a shot of brake cleaner and put it back together. Firing pin has NO hangups now. Thanks for the reply!

image-2936926389.jpg

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Actually, the chamber on these rifles is notorious for needing

special attention.

My AKs great, but needed a lot of work to get the

chamber cleared of preservative(?) before firing.

Be sure to check your loads, also. High primers

can also cause a "slamfire".