double charge in bozooka?

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by m72law, Jul 15, 2009.

1. m72law

m72law New Member

i was in the market for a bozooka of some kind...until i saw this video:D[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbVucGxZT0s]YouTube - Arab misfires a rocket launcher[/ame]

2. opaww

opaww New Member

I am still trying to find information on this weapon but can't seem to find anything to identify it with.

3. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

It is a recoilless rifle. Not intended to be fired off the shoulder, but most often from a vehicle mount.

4. opaww

opaww New Member

That was my first thought due to the rolling block breach. But after looking at all the known recoilless this one does not fit the bill of any of them, however this may be an altered one with the thought of making it a hand held weapon. Only two recoilless rifles were ever designed to be hand held and they were way smaller then this one.

My money is on a recoilless altered, very dangerous.

5. m72law

m72law New Member

i thought it might be a cannon....and the dumba** is shooting the barrel off his shoulder?

6. opaww

opaww New Member

I also thought that too, but either way they are not to bright.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I guess they took the "recoiless" part too literally.

8. opaww

opaww New Member

I think we have it all wrong, this is actualy the way Arabs do dental work when they need to remove bad teeth

9. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

I think those are Afghans not Arabs, but close enough.

Also, I know that type of recoiless rifle, and its on the tip of my tongue, I saw quite a few of those mounted on Ford rangers when I was over there.

10. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed, the Ford, the Afghan's version of an inexpensive answer to a top mount Hummer.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Not sure WHAT he has- except there is no backblast when firing- characteristic of any recoilless weapon. It is definitely not a 90mm, or the Soviet 57mm. It looks a LITTLE like a Carl Gustav, which US uses in limited amounts as the M3 MAAWS.

In a former (and younger) life, I have been an 11 Hotel platoon leader- it is most definitely NOT the M40 106 Recoilless (which is vehicle mounted, and weighs, IIRC, 430 lbs) . Nor is it the 3.5 Rocket Launcher, which is miscalled a Bazooka (that was actually the earlier rocket launcher, less than 3" diameter)

12. opaww

opaww New Member

If you look on the ground right behind the guy and a little to his right you can see what I thing is empty shell casings. They look to be maybe 76mm or a tad bit smaller.

13. John sukey

John sukey New Member

Ever heard the story about the mule and the cannon?
    Many many years ago there was an experiment to see if a small mountain howitzer could be fired off the back of a mule. The barrel was fixed to the pack harness, the gun loaded and a fuze lit. Now keep in mind the onlookers were gathered at the opposite end of the mule which, for safety's sake was positioned at the edge of a cliff. Now mules are rather curious animals, and when the fuze was burning, the mule started turning around to see what it was, causing panic among the spectators. When the gun fired, the recoil sent the mule over the edge!:eek::eek::eek:

14. wildgeese

wildgeese New Member

fyi....you can own a m-72 law tube as it was intended to use and throw away..but anything like a bazokka or rpg is a no no..it was designed to be reloaded over and over....not that a m72 law could not be lol...the thing is "intent of design" the key

15. c3shooter

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Epic resurrection!!! Good lord man, how long did you have to dig to find this one? Has to be at least close to a record.

By the way, love the avatar. Oh, and when someone resurrects a dead thread (zombie thread), they're required to supply cake and ice cream, just like a birthday party ;)

Get moving man! I'll have Snickers ice cream cake, please. Two birds with one stone and all that.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Do you not recognize this as a resurrection? You were active on this thread THREE AND A HALF YEARS AGO! :D

18. c3shooter

After midnight I will claim it was sleep posting......:D