Don't tread on me holster

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Old_Crow, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

We have a new vendor, Longballer71, and he is creating some AMAZING leather our members.

Have you talked t him about your needs? :confused:

3. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

If you looked at the link you would see I don't want a leather holster.

It's really annoying when you ask about something specific and no one gives a damn about what you want.

If a moderator comes across this please delete my post.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  4. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

You really want to carry like this?

Your gonna reach into your crotch to draw a loaded weapon?

We practice drawing from a concealed holster and placing two well aim shots in our target in 1.5 seconds or less.

Can you do that with one of these?
    If you cannot, it's pointless.

What if you grabbed the wrong thing down there?

5. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

I practice drawing I am trying to get to less than .5 from concealment open carry I'm down to. 33 seconds that's draw and fire 2 shots rapid secession concealment slows me down a bit

6. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

7. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I have been carrying large caliber revolvers for years in that manner. There was a time when I ran a bar called the broke spoke. I carried a 7.5" super blackhawk in the same manner for years without a holster.

Seldom did I have any trouble at the spoke. But when I did I managed to get the SBH out and break it up.

8. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

It still leaves me with questions on the holster that you asked about and as far as my draw I like knowing that there will be very few that can out draw me and that's why I practice I am working on getting both draws to less than .15 for draw and fire

9. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

If I don't have a gun how fast I can draw it doesn't matter. I have my reasons for wanting the holster. I am not a quick draw artist and I never will be.

When you have the gun concealed you can't draw it .15 either. It takes longer than .15 to pull your shirt back.

So you are prepared for a bad guy to attack you at a gun range. Good job!

10. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

Gun range? I practice this at home I train every chance I get for when I'm out with my family or someone comes to my home with criminal intentions

11. ZackBlack

ZackBlack New Member

I have a smart carry like that for my full size para Ordnance 1911. I'm not exactly fast with it either but when I do have to use that holster I know it will be faster than running to my car lol

12. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

No, I don't want to shoot my penis.

13. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

I'm gonna try I may only get to .22 to .5 but I'm gonna keep practicing to try and get it lower from concealed carry

14. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Ok, wear a pair of shorts with an elastic waist band, no belt. My wife wears dresses the Don't Tread on Me would be a dream for her. There are all sorts of situations were a wrap around holster or a belly band is the best holster. Some of us don't live to carry, we carry to live.

Go to a quick draw contest somewhere or be frikin realistic.

15. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

I appendix carry sometimes at home, about 1:00 position. But dont want it pointed at or near my d**k. No 12:00 for me lmao

16. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

I am realistic I practice my draw working to get faster so when I draw it's totally automatic and I would rather be ready for something to happen than to freeze up because of not training enough if I have to ever pull my gun I want to know that I can do it and not freeze

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

You ask people for direction then you jump their case whenever they give you feedback, i was gonna give you a couple of good places to look but with your attitude i dont see any reason for anyone to try and help you.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  18. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

See people should have read my post about the "reading class"!! The OP was about that certain holster and nothing else. Sorry I just had to jump in and say something.:). Sorry Old Crow I have no experience with that holster, but I do own a P95 and love it.

19. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

The military has a very extensive training program. Possibly the best in the world considering the millions of healthy unscathed veterans we have to thank for our freedom. Yet despite this extensive training a high percentage of soldiers either freeze up or shoot over the enemy soldiers head, hoping they don't have to kill anyone their first time in combat.

20. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I am a little braver I might get to 12:30...Keyword is might. To be honest I am more comfortable carrying a gun with a longer barrel than I have.