Don't loose your stackon gun cabinet keys!

Discussion in 'Gun Safes' started by PaBushMan, Jan 30, 2020.

1. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

What a hassle to get new ones. They want me to get forms notarized. I drilled out the cylinders and replaced them with new ones. Cheaper too.

boatme98, Rifling82, Shopfox and 3 others like this.
  2. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

that's just one of the reasons I have a "old school" combination lock on my safe. no key, just have to remember the numbers that mean something to me and not anyone else...…..….and no, it's not my birthday:D

3. PaBushMan

My pistol safes are combination locks. I use my ATM pin. Easy to remember. Lost one of the back up keys for one of them too. I'll be sure to keep the batteries fresh. I got key cut for lock to the gun room too. I had spare key for it hid. I called everywhere i was. No one turned in any keys. There was no house keys on it. I keep my gun keys on a lanyard. It's usually around my neck. When i go out. When im home i have them on my desk. And at night in the bedroom with me. Tore the house appart looking for them. Thought maybe the cats were playing with them and drug them off.

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

I feel your pain. Management "cleaned up". Gathered all the keys into a plastic box. We now have several pounds of keys, but they're not spread out around the farm. Few labelled but I knew what some opened before she moved them. Dare not toss but hard to unlock trailers, sheds, doors, etc when in a hurry. Some may find it interesting to sort through them. To them I say "nay-nay". Makes me want to chew tobacco.

PaBushMan and W.T. Sherman like this.
  5. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

PaBushMan likes this.
  6. PaBushMan

Keyed alike is real handy.

Arrowhead and Rifling82 like this.
  7. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Always have a copy.. Blacksmiths%20012-0049.gif

Rifling82 and PaBushMan like this.
  8. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

learn how to pick locks. it's depressingly easy.

put a connector on your electronic gun safe with a whole pot of pins, two of which operate the lock.