Don't leave ur kids in car

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Don't leave ur kids in car. This should also go for pets as well!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCtadNRAeA#t=59"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCtadNRAeA#t=59[/ame]

2. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I don`t know how someone could forget & leave a kid in the car !...........

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i don't think some people realize just how hot the interior of a vehicle can get on a hot day, and how quick.

my brother and i did an informal test on a couple of vehicles several years ago on a sunny summer day in the upper 90's. in about an hours time with the windows up, a light colored vehicle was over 150 degrees inside. the dark colored vehicle was over 160 degrees inside.

i sat in one of the vehicle for less than five minutes, and in less than two minutes, i was almost soaking wet from sweating, and the air was so hot, it was ver6y hard to breathe.

now i am a grown man, and was in pretty decent shape when we did that test. how long would an infant, or a child or the family pet last inside that same vehicle with interior temperatures over 150 degrees? my guess? not very long.

4. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Cars have being known to go on fire when parked, so leaving children unattended in one is definitely a bad idea, even on a cold day.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am not kidding, if I saw a child or an animal overheated in a car, there will be busted windows........

6. Axxe55

most definately Winds.

the amount of heat that can build up in an enclosed space can be fatal. that isn't an opinion, that is fact. children and pets have died in vehicles from the heat.

there is a news story now, of a father on trial for murder in Georgia i believe, whose infant son died in a vehicle when he was left there all day.

7. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I leave my kids in the truck all the time when I go to the gas station . But my truck never shuts off and my AC blows very cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

8. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Hope they don't drive off on you someday.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

9. winds-of-change

There is some suspicion in this case.

But yes, you hear of this happening to children every summer. It's a terrible tragedy, indeed.

10. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Not just a bad idea it could be illegal.

11. Axxe55

lots of suspicion as to whether he intentionally killed his own infant son.

a lot of controversy as to whether it was an accident, or if it was intentional.

it's sickening to think that someone would intentionally kill an eighteen month old child.

but the fact is, it was only in the upper 80's that day and the child was in the car about 7 to 8 hours and died as a result. whether accidetal or intentional is irrelevent, the child died as a result of hypothermia.

side note: if he did do it intentionally, i hope there is a special place in hell for this POS!:mad:

12. winds-of-change

Hyperthermia........

13. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

How times have changed.... My mother stayed in the car and sent me in for her cigarettes. They always sold them to me, too. She just waived from the car to let the clerk know I was buying for an adult.

No offense and none taken

14. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I did the same thing for my dad

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

15. Axxe55

on many police vehicles, if the vehicle is to be used for K-9 usage, they offer an option that will automatically roll the power windows down if the engine shuts off for any reason as a safety for the dog that is in the vehicle while it's unattended.

16. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

I remember a case of a police K-9 dog that died in a hot car ...

These cases of kids forgotten in cars may be on the rise because the kids are usually placed in the back seat for safety . Out of sight. Out of mind . A change of routine such as daycare being closed one day can lead to a kid dying .

You may say you'd never make such a mistake and you may be right, but an absent-minded person like me could ....now what were we talking about again ?

17. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Anybody that would leave their kid in a hot car shouldn't be allowed to have kids!

18. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

The act of leaving your child in a car could or may not be neglectful according to the situation but if you do it and something happens that is bad, it is beyond any shadow of a doubt neglect or worse. The case that Axxe is talking about seems to be more a case of hot blooded murder by almost all accounts ive heard. The POS did willfully and purposely leave his kid in that oven to roast like a Thanksgiving goose while he went on with his normalish work day. He needs to be locked up for 20 or so years to think about what he did...

19. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

We didn't have that kind of a problem when I was a kid. We usually parked our Dinosaur in the shade of a tree, and besides they didn't have any enclosures.

In reality when I was a kid all the windows were left open when mom ran into the store, and she was only gone for maybe 10 minutes. It was better sitting in that ol 53 Buick than being outside in the sun.

20. wknight40

wknight40 New Member

I believe cars get hotter these days then they did when most of us were going up. They have sound deadening material and a different type of glass that I'm a firm believer that purposely makes it hotter inside to make you run the AC more. Just a theory of mine.

As for forgetting a child it is easy with a change of routine, though that is still not an excuse. As an example with our first born I set him on the hood of the car, in his baby seat, loaded the car and got in. Felt like I was missing something and realized what it was when I looked over the hood of the car. This was one of our first outings after he was born. It was a matter of getting into the habit of knowing he was there. Never forgot him on, outside, or inside the car again. Did forget the diaper bag on top of the car a few times though.

But it does seem like more and more stories of people leaving small children in cars is popping on the news every day.