Dont know if i should shoot it!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by pointblank871, Jul 31, 2012.

1. pointblank871

pointblank871 New Member

I bought a Davis 380 it is in mint condition got it for $75.00, i read up on it and they are known for exploding so im wondering what to do.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Known for exploding? Nope, I wouldn't shoot it.

3. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Take it to a gunsmith and get a professional opinion.

Jim

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

It my cost more to have a smithy check it out than its worth. He will atleast have more in it than its worth.

5. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

If you want a good cheap reliable .380 get a hipoint .

Anyone who says they are junk hasnt seen iraqveteran8888 ultimate test series. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmt5QB814Tw&feature=relmfu[/ame]

They hammer bolts into the barrel , fire red and blue pill custom overpowered loads . they tried and tried and tried to blow that gun up and no matter what they did it just kept firing .

Shooting bolts out the barrel that were hammered in. well actually the bolt caused a bulge in the barrel so the slide couldnt return to its nuetral position but it didnt blow up

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  6. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

I am a gunsmith school trained 30 years experience. In my opinion you have a great firearm there, for the next time the government has a buy back gift card to get guns off the street program! The problem with these guns is they appear fine until a catastrophic malfunction. Who knows what the trigger might be, a hot load, metal fatigue or stress. I just recommend avoiding them. Seriously I wouldn't shoot it but I also can't recommend selling it to an unsuspecting buyer.