Don't have a car gun.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by p35bhp55, Jul 24, 2013.

1. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

I've lived on the same gravel road for almost 8 years. Very little trouble here. A few weeks ago our neighbor had his fishing pole stolen from the pond in clear view of both our back doors. Last night someone went down this road getting into every vehicle they could. They got a .22 from one of the neighbors down the road. Dunno yet if it's a rifle or pistol. So depending on which way they were going by the time they got to me they were armed. I'm currently home almost all the time and armed with at least a handgun but I can't help but wish that man would have carried his gun inside.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

stuff like that is almost always a kid that lives in the area.

keep an eye open to whichever one shows up fishing with a "new" rod

3. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree with Jonm but with all the crack heads running around who knows. They look for anything they can pawn or sell for a quick buck.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

There was a time when trucks had gun racks in the rear windshield. If a gun was stolen from a vehicle, the shame fell on the thief. It is a sad day when the victim is blamed for being robbed.

5. racer_x

racer_x New Member

And used to hunt before school and leave truck and gun open all day in the parking lot

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

That's unfortunate. Here in Kalifornia if the owner, whose gun was stolen, doesn't report it within 24 hours, he becomes a criminal.

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

i never felt comfortable leaving a gun in a car for more than a few minutes.

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Locking your vehicle doors will certainly help.

9. rockratt

I remember those days. Still have the gun rack that was in my trucks back glass.

10. rockratt

I remember those days. Still have the gun rack that was in my trucks back glass.

11. rockratt

Why did I post that twice you ask. It can only be described as a "rectal cranial inversion"!!!!!

12. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Never leave anything you wish to continue owning in an unattended vehicle. For that matter, don't get overly attached to the vehicle.

13. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I have a truck gun,it's a cut down (18.5") single barrel 12 gauge I put a side saddle on. It's out of sight under the rear Bench seat,if it gets got ill only be out 80 bucks.

I sometimes leave handguns in a bolted down lockbox as well,but that would take some doing to get into. I have a policy of never leaving anything easily accessible in the truck that would leave a auto burglar better armed Than i am where to run into him shortly after he did the deed.

My truck has a security system and is ALWAYS locked up.

14. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

Crackheads! In N.E. Arkansas....Say it ain't so Ratt. They also got the grandkids Cur puppy, now I'm pissed. I put the dogs pic on FB and got my more social friends to share it, maybe we can make the idiots life unpleasant.

15. bildee

bildee New Member

I remember 30c a gallon gasoline, too. :) Times have changed, we have to change with them.

16. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I keep a gun in every vehicle we own. Nothing special. Keep them out of plain sight and keep your doors locked.

17. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I only had a car broken into one time. All they got was the bag with my martial arts workout clothes and -- I did really hate to loose these -- the only pair of prescription sport goggles I ever had.

In hatch area of the car was a bag that contained a handgun among other valuable items. They never touched that.

18. bildee

bildee New Member

If I was going to leave a gun in a vehicle, it would be so well concealed that a CAREFUL search would not find it, or it'd be in some sort of concealed vault. That serial number traces back to you, and at some future point in time, that might not be a simple police call sort of thing to resolve.

19. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Forget the gun..... You need to get one of these little 'effer's.:D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6WB5YJia8[/ame]

20. JW357

JW357 New Member