Don't Forget the meaning of the 4th

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by user4, Jun 30, 2009.

1. WDB

WDB New Member

That was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

"Plain and simple, the British were the only ones to ever own America, except for those thieving injuns."

I love it!

3. user4

user4 New Member

It's a recycle from last year, but it's time to dust it off again.

4. opaww

opaww New Member

I liked it and laughed my *** off

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Recycle or not, that was funny as hell.

Although I think Posh Spice is one hell of a hot English export. And Liz Hurley.

SCHWING!

JD

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Amen to the Liz Hurley comment. I've had some dirty...umm...nevermind.

7. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

There was a comedian talking about how they don't teach American Revolution in school over in England. Not sure if he was completely joking or not?

8. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Being a product of English and Irish heritage, I've often thought of Great Britain as the "mother country."

Three summers ago while touring Northern Europe and the British Isles, we found ourselves in London on July 4th. At the time, England's "football" (soccer) team was engaged in the World Cup finals. There were parties and celebrations practically everywhere. While at a pub enjoying a pint of Guinness with fish & chips, I jokingly asked if the English were celebrating July 4th? After a brief pause, the meaning finally sunk in and was not well received. I thought it was funny, until my wife reminded me I was unarmed, as per local custom.

Anyway, the English team got it's butt kicked, by Italy I think.

[​IMG]

9. user4

user4 New Member

As is good and proper. Go Italia!

10. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I've got a few British family members. They really don't teach much of it. There's just a small section in one or two history books about our revolt and they largely focus on the battles that England won.

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Did I see correctly, gas was 4.65?

12. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Hey lucky you got outta there alive mate :D

Soccer is the religion that trumps 'religion' in the UK, so if they got beaten by Italy, it could have turned really ugly...even without the 4th July crack lol

We did the American Revolution quickly in one afternoon, just to say we'd been 'taught' it. Of it I remember very little I'm afraid to say...it wasn't in our exams that term.

Whereas we did interminable hours of doomed outback explorers dying in deserts etc...and diggers dying in foreign wars for England :p

13. p11shooter

p11shooter New Member

Check it out

[ame=http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1192489289468&ref=nf]Videos Posted by FOX News: Support Our Troops: To Our Troops: Thank You! | Facebook[/ame]