Don't Do This!!!!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Vikingdad, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

This is the kind of open carry that got all open carry banned in California. There is absolutely no reason to open carry a rifle slung over your shoulder into a JC Penny store. The "because its legal" argument doesn't hold water with me. If you feel the need to open carry then why would a holstered pistol not suffice? Or why do you not have a concealed carry permit and do that (if a permit is required)? Before you start fragging me, I don't even thing that cops should be carrying their rifles into a JC Penny store unless there has been an established threat. Sidearms are fine, but the rifle is just some douchebag trying to make out like he is a mucho macho hombre, and he is anything but that. Much the opposite in fact.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lLinksEnabled=false&google_editors_picks=true

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Personally, I don't like open carry at all. I think it sometimes smacks of a "look at me" attitude. That's just my personal opinion. But I am a very low profile person who prefers to slip by unnoticed for the most part. Particularly when it comes to controversial things. You'll rarely see me post political or religious opinions. I'm not a "look at me" sort of person.

3. charlesmar

charlesmar New Member

I don't think it should ever be a look at me attitude. Why make yourself or those around you the first target,

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't believe in open carry. And this jackass is just one of the many reasons that open carry turns me off.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Ditto
    Echo that
    Samo here
    Agree
    Big +1
    Tru dat
    Feel ya
    :)

6. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

To me it puts a target on you. First person to take out.

7. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If a person has to show off what a resl badass he is, let him enlist and show the Taliban how bad he is.

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

9. Curt

Curt New Member

It's idiots like this that give ammunition to the Gun Control Activists.

10. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Seriously? A rifle in JC Penny? I would NEVER want to attract that much attention to myself. I guarantee you, if I ever feel a need to carry a rifle into a store, (other than a gun shop or range), there will not be any stores to shop at.

Although, I do suspect that in very specific places and times, OC is OK. In general, I'll pass.

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Sure- hunting, hikeing, cowboyin & firefights --

12. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I would not do that. I have a ccw and dont open carry. But it is pretty hard to make a statement of protest while concealing.

I was just at gun rally at the county court house. I just got home a few minutes ago. I did open carry there. It was actually encouraged. I wondered if we would see rifles there. I was sorry that I didnt bring my AR. There were as many rifles as handguns. That is the way to a protest...as an organized respectful group. There were probably about 200 or more of us. Quite a show of support.

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

It sounds like that was appropriate where you live, and I applaud you and the other protestors.

Here in CA they banned all open carry outright because of D-bags like this guy who were open carrying in shopping malls and coffee shops, places where it was not at all appropriate. The result was an outright ban and that is exactly what I expected.

This guyy was inappropriately open carrying. He is not doing us any good.

14. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I think that Utah residents are better suited to judge what they tolerate, allow...want in their communities than the national news.

STFU lame stream media.

15. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

And this is just an excuse for the national news to push their agenda. "Look!!! A gun lover doing something perfectly legal, but not what WE define as normal!!! We're going to make a HUGE deal out of it so you think like we do!!! Look! Look there!!! Someone doing something we don't like!!!"

WELL **** YOU!!! You communist, New York based, POS slimeball media. If my state allows me to drive a friggin TANK down the road, then it's not your business to agendatize (my new word for the lame stream media) it.

Edit to add.... If we can't exercise our 2nd amendment rights in New York, then the media shouldn't be allowed to exercise their first in ours. How about we ban negative news stories involving guns from reporters out of New York.

16. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

What are you trying to say?

17. BigB

BigB New Member

I like it!

18. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I try to be discreet & non committal :p

19. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Utah is NOT California.
    From what I saw on the news, most people just kind of shrugged. To my knowledge, no one peed themselves.

20. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I don't open carry. 99% of people wouldn't even know that I conceal carry, and I don't announce it. However, in Utah open carry is an option. Even though I wouldn't do that, it is his choice. I saw the article earlier, he called the local fuzz and told them where he would be so they didn't panic about calls from the Penny's. I actually think that maybe it could be better for people to see how many people are actually carrying sometimes, so they realize how common it is. They all assume that no one carries except the cops and a few crazy militia types. One thing for sure, dude has balls of steel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.