Donating Single stage press

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by JonM, Apr 7, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

random conversation today with one of the therapists at work ended up with her asking the cost of reloading gear. she was looking at requesting to purchase a loader for the therapy dept at the hospital. i was like wtf!!???

she explained that it was an inticate tool with use of small parts requiring good dexterity to work it. i ended up offering her my rcbs single stage with carbide 9mm dies enough cases and bullets and a bullet puller so the patients can work on building and pulling empty cases.

i thought it was a fantastic idea.

2. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

Send primers and powder and have them load a basic practice type round. Great fund raiser for the facility.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Good for you Jon, that's very generous.

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

We do a lot of nontraditional therapy. So anytime I can make a positive difference by expanding the good things firearms can do I jump in it.

Our administrator is very pro-gun and she is a competitive shooter. Can't possibly see her turning this idea of the therapist's down.

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Jon you are a good man for doing this.

7. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Way to go Jon. FTF S/Ms making a difference.
    Good man indeed!

Of course I would have given them a Lee press or something:rolleyes::D

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

only extra press i have is the rcbs heh. ill take some pics in the therapy dept when they set it up cant include clients using it due to freeking HIPPA laws.

9. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Thats really cool and a great idea! Pics pics pics!

10. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

I was just hacking on you Jon.

Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

11. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Very cool! :cool:
    Much good Karma headed your way :D

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Do they need more than one? or any other equipment like that?

13. orangello

orangello New Member

I never would have thought of that one, but that would have to be more interesting for the firearms enthusiasts.

I wonder if there is a good imitation powder they could sub for the gunpowder, cornmeal or something, just another step for them.

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

not sure yet. they only have table space for one loader at a time tho.

it was a surprise to me too. they are only going to be using it to put the case in the shellholder bullet on top work the press and remove the bullet. as she explained to me its a proccess that builds manul dexterity since in head injury people often lose fine muscle control or lose use of their fingers thru disuse. things that involve movements like manipulating small items helps people recover many orders of magnitude faster. it builds over time new neural pathways that accelerate the healing proccess.

they arent going thru the whole proccess of loading or mimicing live ammo.