Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Not so sure.
The NRA is a weed in the wind anyway.
And papa Trump worked with the NRA to ban bump stocks . That was infringement. Papa pushed states to pass red flag laws.

Dont know about Jr. But paw wasnt that great concernjng the RTKABA

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
Have no idea if he's an iron-clad RKBA type.

Have no idea about his competence with navigating such waters, on the issues in question.

Have no idea what he'd be capable of doing if handed "the reins" at such an organization.

Quite likely, he's got some legal troubles coming his way, for the "retribution" some are seeking for his involvement in this past 4yrs. If "they" (whomever "they" turn out to be with such criminal lawsuits) seek to burn him down for such, it could be yet another nail in the coffin of the NRA in terms of its effectiveness and credibility. Heck, for no other reason than the man's name is "Trump" it's quite likely the NRA would suffer a credibility hit as well as attract over-sized ire and spite upon them that the NRA wouldn't normally garner.

In a handful of years, if he's proven his RKBA mettle, and once the desire for retaliatory, retributive accusations at the Trump "empire" have largely passed, then perhaps he might make a great candidate for the post. For all of the risk, I'd suggest it's probably best left for the future. It's not as though he's an old fart with little time left.

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
I think he would be good for the NRA, he’s a likable guy, good people person, they need a culture change
Of the 2 Jr.

That said the NRA hasnt been a gun right org for decades.
Its been at best a compromising benefit itself org. Sometimes opposing the loosening of gun regs or supporting infringements.

Jr would be better than they have but we all need to put our eggs in a different basket of true no compromise gun orgs now that the SCOTUS isnt stacked agsinst the constitution.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
If he did he would be doing it for his own benefit, not the NRAs.

Advisors to the Trumps speaking to BI said the move would be used as a way to keep Mr Trump Jr in politics after his father leaves office.

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
If he did he would be doing it for his own benefit, not the NRAs.
That'd be my concern as well.

But then, that's been LaPierre's angle all this time as well. His own personal, private feeding trough, heavy helpings of "gravy" included.

With "mileage," it might well turn out that Jr. has something to contribute. But at the moment he comes with a lot of potential baggage and without proofs he'd be much different. And there's no telling how far folks might go, for the next few years, to get "a Trump" as far away (via whatever means possible) as they can.

·
Premium Member
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could be wrong but I really don’t think Jr was around the White House much, Trumps other kids were

I know Jr was in his dads ear about gun issues when needed

not really sure what legal issues you’re talking about G66?

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
Why would he want the job, the company funds have already been cleaned out?

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
It could serve as an short term job until he runs in 2024.
Daddy says he is running in '24.

In any case, I would certainly support Jr. for the job; a failed son, of a failed president to lead a failed organization.

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Have no idea if he's an iron-clad RKBA type.

Have no idea about his competence with navigating such waters, on the issues in question.

Have no idea what he'd be capable of doing if handed "the reins" at such an organization.

Quite likely, he's got some legal troubles coming his way, for the "retribution" some are seeking for his involvement in this past 4yrs. If "they" (whomever "they" turn out to be with such criminal lawsuits) seek to burn him down for such, it could be yet another nail in the coffin of the NRA in terms of its effectiveness and credibility. Heck, for no other reason than the man's name is "Trump" it's quite likely the NRA would suffer a credibility hit as well as attract over-sized ire and spite upon them that the NRA wouldn't normally garner.

In a handful of years, if he's proven his RKBA mettle, and once the desire for retaliatory, retributive accusations at the Trump "empire" have largely passed, then perhaps he might make a great candidate for the post. For all of the risk, I'd suggest it's probably best left for the future. It's not as though he's an old fart with little time left.
Totally
bull.gif
. Why so much pessimism nearly every thread?

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Jr would be better than they have but we all need to put our eggs in a different basket of true no compromise gun orgs now that the SCOTUS isnt stacked agsinst the constitution.
Really? You say this in the plural. Please share your knowledge about whom all those no compromise organizations are. And give links proving they are as you say. And I don't mean little up starts either.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts