Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Pistol and rifle calibers
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the bolt after cleaning the rifle and adjusting the trigger.
I grabbed the bolt and twisted the bolt shroud and it went “click”.

I don't know enough about the position of the firing pin back, to recognize if I have gone too far.
If I twisted in one direction by one click, can I just go backward one click?
I don't want to break anything.

I have the manual but I think i am missing something.

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
15,151 Posts
BeeBad
No you will not hurt anything. Where the black flat piece is on the bottom in front of the Bolt Handle and silver part of the Bolt. Put the front of the black fat piece. Push it to the rear of the Bolt and then move the Bolt Handle back where it was. This is nothing new it can happen very easily. I have a Remington Bolt tool that does the pulling back for you. Or you can use anything to push that piece back that will not damage the metal on the flat back piece.

To clarify what you will be doing manually. Here is my Remington Bolt Tool. It is for disassembly, but you can use it to do what I explained above, I would put it over the end of your Bolt. And you see the hook by the front of it, The lever sticking up is what you pull back so you can turn the Bolt back into its proper place buy turning the Bolt Handle with the handle into the correct position.

Cylinder Tints and shades Rectangle Font Electric blue

Reactions: Beebad

·
Registered
Pistol and rifle calibers
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
BeeBad
No you will not hurt anything. Where the black flat piece is on the bottom in front of the Bolt Handle and silver part of the Bolt. Put the front of the black fat piece. Push it to the rear of the Bolt and then move the Bolt Handle back where it was. This is nothing new it can happen very easily. I have a Remington Bolt tool that does the pulling back for you. Or you can use anything to push that piece back that will not damage the metal on the flat back piece.

To clarify what you will be doing manually. Here is my Remington Bolt Tool. It is for disassembly, but you can use it to do what I explained above, I would put it over the end of your Bolt. And you see the hook by the front of it, The lever sticking up is what you pull back so you can turn the Bolt back into its proper place buy turning the Bolt Handle with the handle into the correct position.

View attachment 261429
You that would be very handy. I want to at some point tear the entire bolt apart to clean it. In some ruger specific videos they have a tool....very handy to have if you do not have vice grip hands...thanks for responding!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts