Dollar Collapses Tomorrow - Now What?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by TLuker, Nov 5, 2013.

1. TLuker

TLuker New Member

I was just curious as to what some plans are if the dollar suddenly collapses? Do you pull out what cash you have and use it for TP? Do you use it for fire because dollars are cheaper than fire wood like in Germany during hyperinflation? What's the plan? :)

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Company stocks will be a bargain. I will borrow all these inflated dollars I can get and add to my current investments. If my Grand Fathers had done that during the Depression I would be a rich Big Game hunter.
    Problem is they ran scared and voted for FDR.:rolleyes:

3. stag556

stag556 New Member

Pack up the kids and BOB,s and head north like gas through a funnel and eggs through a hen. I'm 15 minutes from downtown and would definitely not stay to see what happens next.

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I've got a few Euros. Some Gold and Silver never hurt.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

At the end of the world, I'll do a couple of things I've always been curious about. Screw a goat. Eat someone. You get the idea.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Gees! Trip it's only money.:eek:

7. stag556

stag556 New Member

LOL, your a freak but funny as hell!;)

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I think he is serious! :p

9. stag556

stag556 New Member

Yea after that comment who doesn't want to party with Tripp before TEOTWAWKI

10. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Now that's a plan! If civilization collapses then you're not out of anything because the money was worthless anyway, but odds are civilization isn't going to collapse because the dollar crashes. There have been many many currency crashes and life went on.

That's just a really good practical approach to dealing with a bad situation. Be patient and turn lemons into lemon aid. I'll have to keep that in mind. :)

11. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Gold and silver are always good. I just wish I had stocked up on both many years ago. The bad part is I was always taught to keep gold on hand but I kept putting it off. :(

12. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

If the dollar collapese you will be working for free if you have a job by then ....

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

I told people all throughout 2007, hinting very strongly to my parents (I'd only been out of the service for a year, and was completely starting over from scratch) "right now would be a PERFECT time for anyone with a little cash to buy a ton of cheap stock."

What'd my mom, step dad, grandparents, and dad all do? Sat back and bitched and moaned about how their (mostly stock based) retirement plans were losing money, and took absolutely NO aggressive action to recover with WITH the market.

This is very simple when you want to build money quick and easy. When the bottom falls out, buy what you can, as cheap as you can.

My mom asked me "well would YOU do with 10,000?" (In a very sarcastic way, knowing I was currently too broke to even wipe my ass) I sat down and told her exactly what stocks I would buy, and how much of them I would buy. I don't remember what they were, but about a year ago I looked at the list again and compared my choices to the current market value. The gains would've come out to something like 2 million IIRC. That's a hell of a return on investment.

If you know the system isn't broken, but only merely hurt, then it WILL recover, at least to an extent. No point in not taking advantage of it.

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

More millionaires were made during Great Depression than at any other time. TLuker figured it out. Borrow and buy. If we had a cataclysmic disaster you owe nothing. That has never happened and stocks regain their values. I have always made gains from economic slumps. It just takes nerve to hold the throttle open when your brakes are gone.;)

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's just a hell of a damn statement. I believe I'll remember that one for later use, thanks :)

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I agree with Trip. Epic.

Back just before the Y2K "scare" my wife asked me if she should get some "extra" cash out of the bank "just in case".

I told her we wouldn't need it because we have plenty of ammo. Funny thing is that more recently I inherited a metric butt-load of ammo from a guy who went all "Doomsday Prepper" back before Y2K!!!. How ironic that he would die just a few months before the ammo shortage. I sold off a lot of the surplus ammo and made his widow a bit of extra cash from stuff she was just going to give away.

17. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I would ideally be prepared AHEAD of time with gold, silver, and useful "stuff". If all the jobs went away, I'd probably become a farmer. Admittedly, the prepared ahead of time thing has a few tough spots.

18. TLuker

TLuker New Member

19. TLuker

TLuker New Member

That's what I'm trying to avoid. I'm guessing a lot of Germans during the depression were thankful to be able to break even after paying for their cost of living. I don't want to end up in that situation. :(