Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am planning on doing a stock for my Mosin 91/30 and wondering if there is a blueprint so I know where to cut the holes. I have a lot of woodworking tools even a CNC router so tools or experience is not a problem. The plan I am looking for can be an E copy or paper print I don't mind doing this all by hand.

My plan is to make my own thing: A molded forward postol grip in front, a Mossberg style heat shield and from the action back an M16 style pistol grip and stock with an ATI rubber recoil pad

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Talk:Mossberg_500_series_shotgun the 8th and 9th picture is what I would cut out and file I am probably going to do it out of curly maple or dark African walnut with a non-laquer finish. This will be an all wood stock but the heat shield of course

On the heat shield its going to be a solid sheet of 1/8" or 1/4" sheet metal to replace the top cover on my stock and I am going to paint it black with a white Punisher skull and my code name I use with my other friends. ( I know kinda cheezy but who cares its my gun)

Talk is cheap Ill get on the measurements and have a sketch in a week or two.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is kinda what I plan on doing except no scope and add a foregrip. I might do the bipod, it depends on how much I feel like doing to it.
Of course the rear will be wood and the black thing in front would be the heat shield, sorry my paint skills aren't that good.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have also been thinking of crafting a stock for my 91/30 as well. I would like to make something with a little beef on the bottom to mount a sling swivel to accommodate a harris type bipod.
I have browsed some sites to buy a walnut or maple blank but am not going to spend $300+ for a stock on an $80 rifle.

Have you had any luck finding blanks or a nice piece of hardwood to start with?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.