Dog vs. Skunk / Dog Loses. HELP!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jo da Plumbr, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

My Dog just got hit by a Skunk. Any suggestions?

2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Tomato juice and good luck...!:eek:

3. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

1 Qt. Peroxide
    ¼ Cup Baking Soda
    1 Tsp Liquid Soap
    Sponge Dog, Also Do Mouth Area
    Let Stand For Five Minuets
    Rinse With Cool Water

Here it is old family cure that really works.

4. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Nature Miracle. Wash with soap and water first, spray Nature Miracle on and allow to dry. $10 at Petsmart.

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Well three soap and water baths and two tomato juice baths and the poor dog still smells horrible. I wouldn’t even mind if it smelled like skunk. It’s so bad it’s like some kind of toxic nerve agent. Even breathing through my mouth my eyes water and I gag.

My car is destroyed just from the dog being in it to drive home. Didn’t help I’m sure that the dog was spraying froth from its mouth and throwing up as I was driving.

Ever had a dog shake tomato juice on you/ My breezeway looks like some kind of crime scene. With all the red running down my driveway I’ll be surprised if the cops don’t show up looking for the axe murderer.

On my way to Pet smart hoping for a miracle, and Rite Aid for peroxide. What a F'd up morning!

Thanks for the help guys!

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I was at work, the wife was off.

I'm driving home, pull onto my street, and detect skunk. "Aww, some poor shmoe got skunked."

Gets stronger as I approach my house. Open the door, and WHAMMO!

She never even saw it coming, hit them both while she was walking him.

I'm running down to Hadji's MiniMart looking for tomato juice, all he has is Campbells tomato soup. Buy a bunch of that at 3X the price of a regular store, to no avail.

It was a bad night.:eek:

7. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Don't mean to laugh but Ha ha haaaaaaaa.....! I've had the same experience with my dog. The next bad day,Porcupines..!!
    Also a very bad day.!Now with the skunks,my dog stunk for two weeks,he was pitiful.Take him swimming,that helps....Ha haaaa.

8. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

My dog Nakota thought she was quicker than a rattlesnake. She wasn't! Luckily I got her to the vet quick and she was ok after a stay in the pet hospital. Her poor little nose swelled up like a football. Lost her this time last year at the age of 16.

Roscoe seems to smell less. Either that or my nose is burned beyond sensing it anymore.

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hey Jo, I thought all the skunks were up in the state capitol??

I wouldn't talk too much about the incident. Don't your state political officers fine dog owners for hate crimes when their dog bullies wildlife provoking them into defending themselves?

For skunks I think they track large purchases of tomato juice.

Clean-up that driveway and keep a watch out for one of Napolitano's black choppers!

Here's the insiders secret I overheard JD telling someone, "To remove that foul doggie odor use (not your Hugo Boss body splash) PH for mens!"

paris_perfume.jpg

Here's how to apply;

pa_paris_perfume2.jpg

And if all else fails, PH Fairy Dust!!!

Paris-Hilton-Fairy-Dust-Ad.jpg

10. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I can always count on you to cheer me up Cane.:D

11. Brian P

Brian P New Member

Mythbusters Skunk Remedy

The Mythbusters once tried every commercial remedy they could find and the old tomato juice remedy. None of them worked very well, if at all.

As another poster said, the following remedy works every time.

Skunk remedy

1 quart hydrogen peroxide
    1/4 cup baking soda
    1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap

Sponge on and let soak for a few minutes and then rinse off.

Good luck.

12. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I'm not lying to ya Jo, the super duper secret recipe works every time. This has been passed down from one smelly dog owner to the next for generations in my family. In my grandfather's native land of Hungry, they even used this recipe with much success on women. I guess in those days hygiene was not a big factor.

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Waiting for an update.:confused:

14. orangello

orangello New Member

LOL! OK, that has me almost crying it is so funny. I think my weird sense of humor may have gone off the deepend.

Good luck with the pup; eventually, neither of you will smell it anymore. This is how i learned not to spotlight rabbits as a youth. It is remarkably hard to tell the difference in eyeshine. DOH!

15. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Thanks for asking about Roscoe guys.

I used the Natures Miracle yesterday and it helped a lot. At least He smells like a skunk now instead of some kind of WMD. I didn’t try the Home remedy yet since I wasn’t sure about mixing the two.

I checked with Roscoe’s vet today and they gave me the same peroxide formula. I'm going to use it on Him tonight.

I didn’t ask them about using it on my girlfriend.:D

16. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

You should of just dropped him off at a kennel for a few days. Let them deal with it.
    When in doubt, pass the buck. :D

17. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

So I just did the peroxide treatment on Roscoe. I can see ho this could could work great. It stripes all the oils out. Including my hands. Burned in all the little cuts too. Half way through I remember the Vet tech saying to use gloves. Opps.

Any way I’ll have to let the GF say if the smell’s better; I’m immune now

Bleached him about two shades lighter, but that’s OK, He’s a surfer dog now.:D