dog slash cat food

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by kiabe1, Jun 2, 2014.

1. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

just out of curiosity does anyone know of a recipe thatll make dry dog and or cat food a bit more appealing. it would need to be simple since this would be a shtf sort of situation. thx in advance for the replies

2. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

lol can't believe i spelled out the slash in the title. welp off to bed

3. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

In a SHTF situation, I think the dog or cat would eat what they hs e if they get hungry enough. Sometimes just adding hot water enhances the palatability.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

If your really truly hungry it will taste like filet mignon straight out of the can.

First things to go in the human nervous system under starvation is taste then smell.

If your truly hungry anything will taste good. Its the vampire effect.

Like in any vampire story the more the vampire goes without blood the less discriminatory it gets. All animals will do the same thing even reserting to eating inedible things.

Pet food isn't something I would stock my ohsht shelf with. Canned goods aren't optimal. Dried rice corn wheat and beans are best to stockpile as they keep for thousands of years if kept dry. Vacuum packers are ideal for this task.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014