Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
The sooner the NRA dies the sooner real no compromise orgs like GOA, NAGR , 2A Foundation wont have to be continually fighting the NRA s moderate , gun regulation supporting stance as well as the gov.

·
Premium Member
22,661 Posts
NRa IS GONE we will have no voice at all.

The pols don't pay any attention to far out fringe groups.

·
Registered
232 Posts
NRa IS GONE we will have no voice at all.

The pols don't pay any attention to far out fringe groups.
Wouldnt call any of those fringe groups.
They just dont do trade offs with our RTKABA.

NAGR was the predominate group the pushed permitless carry through in my state a year after ky gun owners told the NRA to take their permitless carry bill full of trade offs to take a hike.
Politicians have responded more to GOA and NAGR in the past several years than the NRA. Simply because after the NRA opposition to open carry in Texas and calling for regulation of bump stocks they have been hemorrhaging members and going through their death rattle. Past few years they have not initiated much at all but have jumped in on lawsuits after they were already filed by one of the other three.
At one time the NRA though it wasnt much of an actual pro RTKABA org , did have a voice. Past five years they have little to none . With the other three picking up more and more of the load . Successfully more times than not.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've been a contributor to the NRA for probably 20 years, and a life member for a decade.

If the NRA is destroyed, it's a win for the left, either actual or perceived.

Having said that, the NRA really needs to get its act together. It's been on the wrong side of many issues and has seemingly done little to fight in the trenches for gun rights.

A cynic might say the NRA likes constant turmoil of gun control to raise money so it can squander it on excess wasteful expenditures. Lapierre's salary and expenditures are grossly overpaid.

We had two solid years of GOP controlled branches of federal government, and decades of state government control. What has the NRA done to move the ball?

I think they were against the Heller lawsuits in 2008. They supported bump stock bans. In fairness, tough situations with the unknown Court (and we see how Roberts has gone left), and bump stocks were a difficult issue. But it's the NRA. The big 800 lb gorilla in the room. Whose team are they on?

The financial corruption angle or actual support of gun control is a bridge too far. That's called fraud.

It needs a deep cleaning out of corrupt bad actors, including indictments if there's fraud.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Like the NRA or not, and there's been a lot not to like in recent years, they've still got the juice. You never hear the gun grabbers say, "Let's go get the 2nd Amendment Foundation, GOA, or NAGR." It's always the NRA. No disrespect to the other groups, I belong to a few, but in D.C.'s eyes, they're minor leaguers.

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
The only thing worth saving in the NRA is their training programs. They have been systematically fleecing their members for decades. Most long-time members still support them, because to abandon them now would be an admission of being suckered for years, and nobody likes to be suckered.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Like the NRA or not, and there's been a lot not to like in recent years, they've still got the juice. You never hear the gun grabbers say, "Let's go get the 2nd Amendment Foundation, GOA, or NAGR." It's always the NRA. No disrespect to the other groups, I belong to a few, but in D.C.'s eyes, they're minor leaguers.
NAGR out spent and won more lobbying battles than the NRA in the past few years.

The minor leagers are the ones stopping gun control bill after gun control bill for the past several years.

The NRA is a has been org that really never was since it usually historically acted in conjunction with the fed to pass the biggest infringements in the nations history.
Of course the gun grabbers point at the NRA because its the paper tiger gun org they know they can always win concessions from.
They dont wsnt the NRA destroyed.
Theyd much rather gun owners pouring money into a org they can ALWAYS get concessions from that see gun owners swith their support en mass to say GOA or NAGR who will not give concsssions, call for more gun regulation and are no compromise orgs

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I didnt re up this year with the Buckeye Firearms Association. They are more interested in Hob nobbing and being buddies with the political elites than they are my 2A rights. We were all tricked by Gov DeWine, i get that.. But when he introduced his Red Flag laws/gun safety bs.. The BFA should have publicly pulled their support for him.. Whats worse..they helped him draft it....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Pretty cryptic comment. Am I supposed to guess what you are referring to?
Common knowledge the NRA supported NFA GFA , insisted on NICS , supported fix NICS .

The NRA would have to accomplish a miracle to wipe its anti gun stances off the ledger.
Thats not counting lessor anti gun regulations they have and still do support

·
Premium Member
10,111 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
This right here is worth the price of admission and in some small way still sends some cash to our cause.

NRA still needs to clean house and get back to what keeping our gun rights intact means.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
20210224_181203.jpg

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Common knowledge the NRA insisted on NICS , supported fix NICS .
Well that's correct. But it's not a simple as you make it seem.
During the Clinton administration, Clinton wanted a 14 day wait for gun purchases. The NRA suggested a method to quickly identify potential gun owners to allow them to make their purchase in a more timely fashion would be more effective and offer better security.
Are you really of the mindset that a 14 day wait would be better, thus allowing ANYONE to purchase gun than the NICS system?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well that's correct. But it's not a simple as you make it seem.
During the Clinton administration, Clinton wanted a 14 day wait for gun purchases. The NRA suggested a method to quickly identify potential gun owners to allow them to make their purchase in a more timely fashion would be more effective and offer better security.
Are you really of the mindset that a 14 day wait would be better, thus allowing ANYONE to purchase gun than the NICS system?
I am of the mindset that the NRA, instead of trading on a right they have no authority to trade off ,,opposing the waiting period AND the Nics infringement would have been the stance of an organization standing for the RTKABA.

And yes anyone walkjng the street should be able to aquire a firearm. But thanks to the good old NRA behaving as they always have , weak kneed , appeasement artists , we have NICS , NFA, and GCA.
Plus a host of other anti gun unconstitutional regulations they have supported.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts