does your vanity license plate ID you as a gun owner?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by orienteeer, Jun 21, 2013.

1. orienteeer

orienteeer New Member

i was thinking about getting a vanity plate to brag that i like a certain brand/model of firearm - then i thought - would punks break my car windows looking for guns? (they're not in there!) would cops like to have a chat? (i'm all legal!) would you get a plate that said - fer instance, not that i own a glock - glock 17?:confused:

2. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

No, and no firearms stickers on the cars either.

3. fordracing

fordracing Member

I definitely have thought about it. Even went to the motor vehicles site to see availability. Haven't done it yet though. Can't bring myself to spend the $50

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Like sdiver, nothing.

Not even the Browning deer.

5. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

My vanity plate says

GOT GUNS

6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Vanity plates are for "vain" people who wear too much makeup... color their hair... and own annoying little dogs. ;)

Just my .02 Cents.

Tack

7. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Yeah, what he says.
    I don't wear makeup, color my hair or own a little dog.
    I don't really have a vanity plate either.
    But I'm man enough to do it if I wanted to :)

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

My license plate IDs me as a Texan, so the answer is yes. It IDs me as a gun owner. :D :p

9. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Showoff :p I am sure we wish we were all Texans!!!

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I do not advertise being a gun owner. You will never trick car a jacker into attacking an armed citizen.:D

11. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Guns? Don't own any.

They only way anyone in public is going to know any different is if that G19 comes out and it's going to take something major for that to happen.

We can show off our guns with those who are like minded and have a shred of sense. I see no need to display much of anything to the average sheep, just my $.02

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  12. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

No..............!

Not a clue..!

13. Donn

Donn Active Member

No vanity plate, but my VVA chapter sticker probably has me on a watch list of some stripe.

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have not done a vanity plate. But there are gun stickers on my vehicles. The forum sticker on the back glass, a Got Sig on the bumper, NRA sticker dead center of the bumper. I understand the I don't want to advertise mentality but I honestly don't give a crap and I like the stickers. In my small town a lot of people know me anyway so it's no secret my interests.

I keep wanting to see someone join the forum that has seen my FTF sticker. No luck yet though.:(

15. rurak

rurak New Member

I have a Red Sox plate

16. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Mine just says I an a purple heart recipient, and it was FREE!!! I guess that would indicate I am not afraid to fight, and Lord knows you can't expect to win the fight unless your are well armed!!! :)

17. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I only had a custom plate once. My first car/project in high school was a Volkswagen Rabbit. It was back when tweaking small motored cars was not quite the industry that is today, but there were some VW tuners out there.

My plate said 1WBT11. (Wun Wabbit Wun Wun). I may or may not have said similar things when shooting at jack rabbits. But I was more about how quick that little VW would actually accelerate after bumping the horsepower up in such a light sedan.

18. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Stay as low as you can under the radar. Remember concealed weapons have a distinctive leverage in stabilizing a potential threat. Why advertise?

19. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Thank you, Pan.

I'd also be worried BGs will break into my car looking

for guns. Ever replace a side window? They

are up over 175$ each.

Vanity plates also advertise you have money to throw

around...

20. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

I'm sure you're kidding (I hope anyway), right?? :eek: