Does your church accept debit tithes or have an ATM available? Why not?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by orangello, Apr 4, 2011.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

Ever gone to service and realized as the plate was being passed that you forgot your tithe/offering envelope or check at home? Every wished there was a way to just swipe your debit card on the offering plate? Ever had a time when it would've been darned handy to have an ATM available at your house of worship? Ever wanted to put a lil something extra in the offering plate after a particularly moving sermon?

I think i want to market lobby ATM's and debit card offering acceptance machines to church's.

I also want to know why my mother can't get on the wifi at her church to access her iPad's bible program.

2. freefall

freefall New Member

Best of luck with that, Gello. I think most churches will go for it, tho it will cause them MAJOR gastroenteritis to part with 3% to the CC company. If you make 2 million I'll take you out to kill some of your hated bears for a small contribution to my upcoming charity.

3. opaww

opaww New Member

NO but when I get my church built I will have a gift shop as you enter and one you exit through. We will except MC, Visa, and cash. Tithing is volintary but so will be opening the exit door if you don't buy something.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

So as not to offend anyone I won't mention which, but I'm sure there's one denomination that has tried to think this out six ways to Sunday. (pun intended)

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, for starters, there is the whole money changers in-the-temple thingy.......:rolleyes:

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Just set up a pay roll deduction plan.

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Do they run a proxy server or filter of some kind? They may have very tight restrictions on the wifi at the church (wouldn't want them kiddos surfing Adult entertainment sites while in sunday school now would we).

8. Yunus

Yunus New Member

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I just tell them to put it on my tab :p

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Most churches now are set up to take payments online. It's actually cheaper for them to recieve money this way then thru checks so I typically tithe on the website.

Mooresville, NC Churches > The Cove Church

11. orangello

orangello New Member

Tango, i still haven't heard back on the WiFi, but i think you are correct on the limitations and reasons behind them.

I guess i'm a little late there. :rolleyes:

12. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

There you go.

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I've seen ATMs in churches before. That's one of the things that helped formulate my skepticism of organized religion.

And before any of you jump on me for that, I am a spiritual person, I believe in God, but with churches it seems to be all about the money and I'm very resentful of that. I don't believe you have to go to church to be right with God or be spiritual.

Okay, rant over, and sorry for the sidetrack!

14. Colossal Urprising

Colossal Urprising New Member

I don't allow public wifi access at my church - though I do give out the number if certain people ask.

I don't want youth browsing their ipod and the like while in service.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

I hear that, but have you checked out some of the Bible apps available for the ipod, ipad, iphone, etal.? I was impressed with the search functions on the ones i've seen. Large print is also handy for some.

I do not attend the church, so i'm getting everything secondhand from her on the Wifi limitations.

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I could debate that idea with you.

17. Black Talon

Black Talon New Member

I don’t attend church services.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

....and I was totally expecting to hear from you!

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

At my church you can sign up on their website to have the amount you want taken from your account.

They also have an app, Fellowship NWA. :cool:

Lots of learning time in there, it's a free app ofcourse.

20. NGIB

NGIB New Member

With a tad of editing, Lon could be speaking for me as well...