Does This Look Right To You?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by HKSlinger, May 23, 2011.

1. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Came across this on Gun Broker. Now is it just me that this makes no sense too? Like wouldn't ya want a little longer barrel on a scoped handgun? I think Snake Plisken even had a longer barrel on his.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

actually for some reason I kind of like it, wonder how it shoots is it even accurate enough to use for a scope. Maybe they didn't like the weight of a longer barrel version, It probably would have been better to just throw a red dot on it.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I haven't seen a whole lot of scoped handguns but I think this one looks weird.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Although it may not look correct, it could be that it is what the individual had for resources (in other words, the only gun he could round up enough money for.)

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Nope, no sense.

Yep, muzzle blast is a ***** on scope lenses.

Yep, he sure did, red dots on the revolvers though. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The minimum length for a hunting handgun in Arkansas is 4". I don't know where he is, but it's a legal hunting handgun here.
    Having the scope stick out past the muzzle leads me to believe he hasn't actually shot it yet. ;)

7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Ive been thinking of putting a red dot on my Medusa, Making it look "futuristic" :cool:

Snake had red dots on his revolvers....
    [​IMG]

It woulda looked a lot cooler if Snake had 2 Medusas!!! :p

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That looks shorter than 4", but it might not be. Legal barrel length in Ohio is 5" so...anyway, it still looks wrong to me. :eek:

9. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

I was thinking more like Escape from New York. But now that I look at it, could be a 4".
    imfdb says its a model 67. Had to show Adrienne "Boom Boom" Barbeau taking a shot. Funny, never remembered her having a gun in this part. :D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It looks like a 4" S&W Model 28 "Highway Patrolman". They are plenty accurate. Normally people shoot longer barrels for hunting, etc not for the increased velocity, but for the longer sight radius. The scope negates the sight radius advantage of the longer barrel. WTS, the muzzle blast will certainly not be kind to the objective lense.

11. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

The one at Gun Broker is a 28.

12. WDB

WDB New Member

No idea what that would be good for:confused: Bolt on what ever you can to make it look cool? Did he express what the scope is? might be able to part it out and make some money if the price is right.

13. m72law

m72law New Member

i have never understood why any handgun needs a scope on it?reddot on a (pistol) ''10/4''yes. i understand that people like the challenge or might be the law where you cant use a rifle:confused:myself,i cant see a T.C. chambered in 20mm vulcan needing a scope,if you need to reach out and touch something that far away...get a rifle w/scope,& not rifle w/ reddot:Dthis is just my .01,sorry if i offended anyone:p& no this doesnt look right to me!!...but,that dont mean it doesnt work.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  14. opaww

opaww New Member

I'm going to put ground surveillance radar with a cruse missile tracking and targeting system on my 1911a1

15. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Cool. Post pics.. :D

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

He found a longer barrel made it difficult to CCW. :rolleyes: