Does this gun exist???

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by LandMonster, Feb 28, 2012.

1. LandMonster

LandMonster New Member

I am in the market for a new ccw. The features that I want are listed below. I am hoping maybe someone here can point me in a direction.

I am looking for a gun:
    1) semi-automatic
    2) da/sa trigger
    3) sub compact size
    4) 9mm
    5) under $600
    6) that You would own

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. tpap583

tpap583 New Member

The Beretta PX4 Storm, has all of what you're for. I've never owned a beretta, but a friend of mine does. I think they're wonderful guns, then again its all based on preference. I hope my little insight has helped you. Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I was going to say the same thing . I love mine , super easy to conceal , light , accurate , nothing more to say if your looking for a DAO then you already know what to expect of the trigger

4. LandMonster

LandMonster New Member

I am familiar with the ruger, kel tec DOA pistols. I don't like the long trigger pull.

I will check out that beretta tonight. My opinion about them is that they make a fine gun.

5. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

A CZ Rami may fit the bill. And I agree that Berettas are excellant pistols.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

Xdm sub. 13+1 can still use standard 19 round mags

My everyday carry is a xdm compact 45acp. 9+1 shortmag or 13+1 fullsizemag.

My wife has a full sixe xdm 9mm.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  7. orangello

orangello New Member

Five out of six of those make me think "midget hooker".

Have you seen the Kahr CW9? It fits most of your list. I don't own one, but would like to.

8. Vincine

Vincine New Member

9. Token_ak47

Token_ak47 New Member

The Beretta PX4 would be perfect. I actually own it and it was my first gun. It's been extremely reliable. I have put 1500 rounds through it and had no issues.

10. unclebear

unclebear New Member

taurus PT709 slim

11. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

The kahr cw9 is an amazing little carry gun. The only thing that does not meet ur requiremnets is the da sa trigger it is dao. But i have been carrying one for about a year and has served me well. If you get a chance you should def check it out

12. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I'm not sure about the sub compact part, but the Ultra Compact 9mm Bersa fits the other requiements & it is small enough to easily conceal.

13. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

A Glock 26 would probably work for you, also.

14. enit2winit

enit2winit New Member

Except for the trigger...Sig P290

15. LandMonster

LandMonster New Member

I looked into the kahr pm9 and cm9. I agree, very well received but I am against double action only semi autos.

If I compromise it will be towards a single action only. Something like a Springfield EMP in the 9mm, but less expensive.

The subcompact beretta px4 is right there except the double stack width is a downer for me.

16. enit2winit

enit2winit New Member

In a few weeks, Sig will be out with the 938, only slightly larger than the 238.

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

you are wanting a pistol for CCW? IMO, i would be less concerned with whether it was SA or DA or caliber or other features, and concentrate on what fits your hand well and you can shoot accurately. because if the pistol has all the things you desire in a pistol and you can't hit the broadside of a barn with it, then it's pretty useless as a CCW weapon. my advice, go and check out several or many and narrow it down to the ones that feel right in your hand, then try them out if possible. the pistol you shoot well is the one you carry, not the brand, the features, the caliber or the price.

18. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

My latest purchase was a CM9 and I must say for the size it is one heck of an accurate gun, besides being as reliable as it gets.

It's in the carry rotation already after 250 rounds.

19. LandMonster

LandMonster New Member

I understand what you are driving at but I disagree. For example, a government model feels great to me and I shoot it well but there are times when I can't hide it, so it stays home. Therefore, I want something small.

I shoot very well with a .22 but I won't feel good about anything less than 9mm. if I feel underpowered this pistol will stay home.

Trigger is 75% of accuracy IMHO. I suck with double action. However they are fastest to first shot. Hence, my desire for a DA/SA.

I already assumed that I would handle this mystery pistol before fork over my hard earned cash. I can tell how it will shoot without taking it to the range but, yes, I will try to find one either at my club or a local range to fire.

This is not my first handgun. I already carry a government 1911 (sig). I have no problems with it IWB.

I want something on the opposite end of the spectrum. Something small and pocketable for when I cant dress to carry. Something I can fit in shorts pockets.

image-2883031057.jpg

Attached Files: