Does this gun exist?

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by sputnik1988, Aug 22, 2011.

1. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

A guy I know told me he bought a "Smith & Wesson 560 assault rifle" over the weekend. He said it's similar to an AR, but has a 32 round mag, a very small removable carry handle and came with no sights. I then mentioned a DPMS sportical and he said, " oh, wait that's what it was, a Smith and Wesson sportical, what did I say it was called? 560 is the model number." I assume this guy is yanking my chain, any thoughts?

2. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

from your discription he's yank'n your chain the only think "560" I found was a handgun.

Google is our friend just say'n

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

The draft you feel is probably sunshine being puffed up your skirt. Tell him you would really like to see it.

This is a link to the S&W product line for rifles. The ones I have seen are the M&P 15. Several have small or no sights, 30 round mag is standard.

They are caliber 5.56mm, but did not see anything called a sportical. Is that something like a spork? :p But black, so it's tactical?

Tactical Rifles - Smith & Wesson

4. sputnik1988

Yeah, that's why I ask, I looked it up and found a handgun with a scope... That's all.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  5. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

The world is full of ****birds becareful who you associate
    With

6. sputnik1988

After some research assuming he just got his info WAY OFF, (I like to give everyone a chance) I found a smith and wesson m&p 15 sport 556, rather than 560 sportical. Looks like he's being honest. Just had no idea what he was talking about. I had an assumption it was 556. Thanks for the help guys.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

personally i wouldnt buy any of his guns. if he doesnt know enough to look on the reciever for the name of the thing he doesnt know enough to take care of it properly.

8. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

Or he may have some really good stuff that you could get a Damn good deal on. Just saying.

9. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

well ok he wasn't yanking your chain, just didn't know what he was lookinh at. now we know.................

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Plenty of people are mistaken about guns because they read some BS on the internet (It must be true or they could not post it, right?). Then there are the ones who are absolutely Full of $hit. I knew a guy in college (early 80's) that swore he had an experimental .44 Mag Colt Python! The $hit just driped out of his ears he was so full.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

[coughing up dust]
    :p

12. CRAZY64

CRAZY64 New Member

To the best if my knowledge the python was 357 mag only the 44 mag was tagged as the Anaconda. The biggest big snake. (I have an Anaconda in 6" stainless) and out of all my handguns it's the one I love to shoot most and the one and only that I will NEVER sell.

13. genesis

genesis New Member

The M&P 15 Sport is a damn fine gun, IF YOU CAN FIND ONE! And the price is right to. But no one seems to have them in stock right now. Here's a good video review on it.

Happy Shooting,

Don <><

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YdpE6Lpw9E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YdpE6Lpw9E[/ame]

14. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I kind of dumb a$$ed my way into one about a year ago. paid 700ish including a trade. I will never get rid of it

15. genesis

genesis New Member

Hi Mannumman. I looked real hard for one of these, but they're just not available right now. I expect S&W's production to catch over time, and then I may spring for one. How do you like yours? Is there anything you don't like about it? I reload for all of my guns, but I've heard a lot of these tactical 5.56's put a nasty dent in the case upon ejection, making them unsuitable for reloading. Do your fired cases look like they're suitable for reloading (assuming they're brass and boxer primed).

Thanks for any info/help you can provide

Don <><

16. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I don't reload for it but i save all of my brass just incase. I don't notice any case damage. There really isn't anything I don't like about the gun. You do know it doesn't have the forward assist or dust cover right? I have thousands of rounds through it and have never needed a forward assist. I find it to be extremely reliable with a wide range of ammo which doesn't seem to be true for all ar's

17. genesis

genesis New Member

Thanks Magnumman. I knew about the lack of a dust cover and forward assist. That's no big deal for me. The part about no damage of fired cases was REAL helpful. I might just have to pick one of these up (if I can ever find one).

Happy shooting, and thanks again,

Don <><