Does anyone own an ACR?

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by AvidShooter123, Jul 23, 2012.

1. AvidShooter123

AvidShooter123 New Member

Is it worth the high price??

2. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

i don't own one but if i had the 2700 bucks to buy one the scar would be my choice over the acr

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I have a SCAR I'm doing a transfer on later in the week. After I'm done drooling over it, I'll let you know about it :D

4. AvidShooter123

Did you get the scar H or L? The only thing that I Ike about the ACr is the caliber change option. You can't do that with the SCaR right?

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Don't know it's not mine, a client purchased one and is having it shipped to me so I can do the transfer I only get an email saying that it's a SCAR and it's coming, but I think there are some SCAR caliber conversion kits.

6. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I think that the SCAR has this also... but for $2700 you can buy an AR15 with several different caliber uppers, it's not like you're going to be carrying multiple barrels around and I would imagine that with each caliber change it would have to be re-zeroed... POI isn't always the same.

7. AvidShooter123

Alright thank you. let me know how the transfer goes!

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

yes since its only the barrel and bolt if neccessary being changed any optics or sights need to be re-zeroed. more effective to just buy a regular AR15 and multiple uppers.

and its still a 2700$ bushmaster... for that price range you can get a larue or POF or some other high end high performance AR15 or AR10

9. AvidShooter123

JonM:
    What ar 15 would you recommend for 2,500?

10. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

A BCM is one coming from Jon :D

11. AvidShooter123

Lol.. One last question.. What exactly are the differences better a bushmaster AR-15 and the Remington R-15? Is it just the camo finish or what?

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

if you REALLY just gotta spend that then larue pof bcm colt daniel defense and a slew of others really dpends on what your going to do with it. with that sort of spending limit you might try to land a colt LE901 that shoots 308 and can accept any standard ar15 upper. that one is on my must have list

:p

the name basicly. remington and bushmaster if im not mistaken are both owned by the same conglomerate company. i just cant see spending that much money for a ar15 that has no aftermarket support. but hey if you just want one go for it.

im just lending you my personal opinion and i highly recomend holding one in your hands before you buy one sight unseen. i personally cant stand the ergonomics of both the scar and acr. they feel clumsy to me. everything feels like its a half size too big. the scar for me doesnt shoulder well.

everything that makes the ACR an adaptive combat rifle like the add-on 25mm launcher and military grade thermals etc is not available to the public. so there really is nothing you can "adapt" to the gun yourself.

there are a couple of folks here that have both of those and simply love em. so take my opinion for just what it is an opinion of some guy on the interweb :)

13. AvidShooter123

Thank you for you opinion! I will start researching on the AR's! I'm preferring not to spend top dollar. Thanks again!

14. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

If I wanted a high end AR, I would go with a Noveske. they have Vltor uppers and are very nice.

15. AvidShooter123

I'm liking the VTAC 16".. The chrome barrel is very attractive on this.lol

16. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

The Ruger ARs are nice... and in that price range.
    I like the ACR (deluxe folder) in every aspect except it requires a tool to break down. The SCAR and AR do not.

6523654181_d80cc6f49f_z.jpg

17. Quentin

Quentin New Member

OP, glad you came to your senses since the ACR really doesn't make much sense over a quality AR. JonM said it best, it's just "a $2700 Bushmaster".

18. Jpfisher1989

Jpfisher1989 New Member

I have a pof
    I like it

19. sbude57

sbude57 New Member

Picked one up (acr) last year for a little over 1600.00. I like it a lot. Accuracy is good, right now I have an eotech with a magnifier. The range I shoot at is only 100 yards, so I'm not sure of it's performance beyond that. Probably fired about 1500 rounds through it and no problems. Looked at a scar, post purchase so I might be a tad biased. Didn't really care for the feel, it is lighter though. In retrospect I should of opted for an M1a, I like 308/7.62. Can't say I'd shell out 2700.00 for any plastic gun, acr included.