Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I have a SCAR I'm doing a transfer on later in the week. After I'm done drooling over it, I'll let you know about it :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you get the scar H or L? The only thing that I Ike about the ACr is the caliber change option. You can't do that with the SCaR right?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Don't know it's not mine, a client purchased one and is having it shipped to me so I can do the transfer I only get an email saying that it's a SCAR and it's coming, but I think there are some SCAR caliber conversion kits.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I think that the SCAR has this also... but for $2700 you can buy an AR15 with several different caliber uppers, it's not like you're going to be carrying multiple barrels around and I would imagine that with each caliber change it would have to be re-zeroed... POI isn't always the same.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
I think that the SCAR has this also... but for $2700 you can buy an AR15 with several different caliber uppers, it's not like you're going to be carrying multiple barrels around and I would imagine that with each caliber change it would have to be re-zeroed... POI isn't always the same.
yes since its only the barrel and bolt if neccessary being changed any optics or sights need to be re-zeroed. more effective to just buy a regular AR15 and multiple uppers.

and its still a 2700$ bushmaster... for that price range you can get a larue or POF or some other high end high performance AR15 or AR10

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
A BCM is one coming from Jon :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol.. One last question.. What exactly are the differences better a bushmaster AR-15 and the Remington R-15? Is it just the camo finish or what?

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
JonM:
What ar 15 would you recommend for 2,500?
if you REALLY just gotta spend that then larue pof bcm colt daniel defense and a slew of others really dpends on what your going to do with it. with that sort of spending limit you might try to land a colt LE901 that shoots 308 and can accept any standard ar15 upper. that one is on my must have list

A BCM is one coming from Jon :D
:p

Lol.. One last question.. What exactly are the differences better a bushmaster AR-15 and the Remington R-15? Is it just the camo finish or what?
the name basicly. remington and bushmaster if im not mistaken are both owned by the same conglomerate company. i just cant see spending that much money for a ar15 that has no aftermarket support. but hey if you just want one go for it.

im just lending you my personal opinion and i highly recomend holding one in your hands before you buy one sight unseen. i personally cant stand the ergonomics of both the scar and acr. they feel clumsy to me. everything feels like its a half size too big. the scar for me doesnt shoulder well.

everything that makes the ACR an adaptive combat rifle like the add-on 25mm launcher and military grade thermals etc is not available to the public. so there really is nothing you can "adapt" to the gun yourself.

there are a couple of folks here that have both of those and simply love em. so take my opinion for just what it is an opinion of some guy on the interweb :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JonM said:
if you REALLY just gotta spend that then larue pof bcm colt daniel defense and a slew of others really dpends on what your going to do with it. with that sort of spending limit you might try to land a colt LE901 that shoots 308 and can accept any standard ar15 upper. that one is on my must have list

:p

the name basicly. remington and bushmaster if im not mistaken are both owned by the same conglomerate company. i just cant see spending that much money for a ar15 that has no aftermarket support. but hey if you just want one go for it.

im just lending you my personal opinion and i highly recomend holding one in your hands before you buy one sight unseen. i personally cant stand the ergonomics of both the scar and acr. they feel clumsy to me. everything feels like its a half size too big. the scar for me doesnt shoulder well.

everything that makes the ACR an adaptive combat rifle like the add-on 25mm launcher and military grade thermals etc is not available to the public. so there really is nothing you can "adapt" to the gun yourself.

there are a couple of folks here that have both of those and simply love em. so take my opinion for just what it is an opinion of some guy on the interweb :)
Thank you for you opinion! I will start researching on the AR's! I'm preferring not to spend top dollar. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
If I wanted a high end AR, I would go with a Noveske. they have Vltor uppers and are very nice.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
OP, glad you came to your senses since the ACR really doesn't make much sense over a quality AR. JonM said it best, it's just "a $2700 Bushmaster".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picked one up (acr) last year for a little over 1600.00. I like it a lot. Accuracy is good, right now I have an eotech with a magnifier. The range I shoot at is only 100 yards, so I'm not sure of it's performance beyond that. Probably fired about 1500 rounds through it and no problems. Looked at a scar, post purchase so I might be a tad biased. Didn't really care for the feel, it is lighter though. In retrospect I should of opted for an M1a, I like 308/7.62. Can't say I'd shell out 2700.00 for any plastic gun, acr included.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts