Does anyone know maximum round capacity in CA?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Gunslingerbarred, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Gunslingerbarred

Gunslingerbarred New Member

I'm trying to find out what the legal magazine capacity is in California for a handgun, I thought it was 10 but I'm not sure if the amount has been lowered to 8... If Anyone knows or could pointe In the right direction with a link or some informative site, I would be very grateful.

2. Gunslingerbarred

Thanks mister m. I just wasn't sure if there have been any recent updates or new bans, lol.

3. KingGlamis

KingGlamis New Member

Kommifornia? Upsets me every time I drive there. I only have two guns that are legal there. I grew up there and don't miss it at all.

4. Gunslingerbarred

It's that obvious huh? Lol I wanted to get some high capacity mags but the gf is totally on the straight and narrow on this one!

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

Yup, it's still 10. Consistently one of the worst states, if not the worst, to live in for gun owners. New York might be worse at this point in time, but I feel like they still have a fighting chance. Kalifornia, on the other hand, has been bad for as I've ever known.

6. Junior966

Junior966 New Member

Don't leave NJ out of that list of worse states...Took me 2.5 months to get my new I.D card and pistol permits just for a change of address.. Then once I did get it it took another 2 weeks for the NICS check n if that wasn't bad enough now I have to wait 30 dsys before picking up my 2nd handgun..

7. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

If you have any hi-cap mags that are grandfathered (owned prior to AWB), you can posses and use them fully loaded. Any post AWB magazine is limited to 10 rounds maximum.
    Hope this helps.........

Jim.............

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

I think they're trying to make gtandfathered mags illegal now too

9. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

I grew up in San Diego and I do miss the beach quite a bit but not enough to want to move back there and have to deal with the morons in charge there. We used to be ablet to throw the guns in the back seat and head out to the mountains and go shooting. (of course that was 15+ years ago!)

10. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Yes, they are trying. They have a bill in the works to make all magazines that hold more than 10 rounds illegal, regardless when they were made.

Also have a bill in the works to change the definition of an assault weapon to "any semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine". This includes rimfires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim.........

11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

This situation is the result of having a Democracy instead of a Democratic Republic. When CA voted in Senators being elected by population rather than county, it became a Democracy and the liberal city dwellers took over. Unless you live in a major population center, you effectively have no representation. The few people the rural areas do get into office are greatly outnumbered. The idiot majority has no clue how to efficiently run a small business let alone a government. You end up with a lot of control freaks in office. My apology to any real idiot I may have offended. You probably have more sense than the average CA elected office holder.

12. Gunslingerbarred

Yes they are I was just reading up on that.

13. Gunslingerbarred

This Is absolutely ridiculous!!! I really wonder what it is ultimately they are trying to do??? We can't defend our homes and families with pea shooters!! I'm wondering If ( which I hope and pray this bill doesn't pass) this bill passes are they going to come door to door to collect??? That could potentially be troublesome.

14. JW357

JW357 New Member

I guarantee their end game is getting rid of all guns in Kali. They just know they have to take baby steps. Otherwise they would probably have a revolt. They know that.

15. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

as far as i know this is true if you registered the mags or the firearm that the mags go to.